JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You buy Omen parts and make one from old scraps lol. Certainly above my gun budget and my old CNCs need some exercise.
Already have a KAK magnum bolt & a BCA sidecharge AR10 BC. Some how google said I needed an Omen 14 magazine and an Omen firing pin.
So $160 later I'm off and running.
I had this want to reflow 6061 in my old heat-treat furnace so I did...about 6 times. Eventually I had to raise the mold to get the required amount of alum, open top molds shrink like crazy in the middle. Stack old bar rems in heat to 1250 degrees, stir and cool fast then pull bottom of the mold off and remove with press. Heatreat at 450 for 6 hours. I'm only doing the lower this way, the upper will be proper bar stock.
Got a new Qidi Xmax3 so it's been hard at work printing mech fit prototypes ...

1000002117.jpg 1000002105.jpg 1000002108.jpg 1000002120.jpg 1000002141.jpg

Getting ready for Op 1 , first time I've scanned my stock to machine.
I literally broke the mold on the last casting so crossing fingers.

Not really happy how the lower turned out, lots of things went wrong and found some not so great sections of cast. It's functional but no pics till it's coated lol. Ordered some real billet for V2.
Oh well on to the upper... round stock because it's what I had and worked well to drill a 1-3/16 hole 10.5 deep on the lathe.
Reamed it to 1.190 and flap sticked it to a nice finish. Also turned and threaded the front as well.

1000002407.jpg

Phfffff. Several terms come to mind...
"We have omen at home"
"50 shades of navy"
The upper is great, most went as planned... should have stripped the head guard fully.
I had a Tikka 300WM barrel from my T3X so I lengthened the tenon (adding timed threads even) and sleeved a gas block to fit the largest allowable journal. Rechambering a AR10 308 barrel seems like a good future plan. But it's a barrel for now.
The lower is ugly , crap happened at several phases but I managed to get it working.

Bolt carrier needed a pocket for the Omen firing pin spring so I silver soldered an endmill in a long extension, it worked. Pinned a small extension on the back, made clearance for the hammer and coated it all in Microslick.

Getting close to test firing. Hopelly it's not a jamb-o-matic with extra FTE and FTF.

1000002501.jpg 1000002496.jpg 1000002489.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top