Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

80+ in feedback and he can't afford $20 for a Bronze sponsorship?!

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by sagerat-shooter, Mar 13, 2012.

1. sagerat-shooter

sagerat-shooter Coquille, OR Member

Yesterday I contacted a member about a rifle he has for sale. I was a little hesitant about buying from him so he says "check my feedback I buy, sell and trade on this site all the time" Well I started thinking about that and concluded he is making money off this site and is to cheap to spend 20 bucks a year to help sponsor the site!! Come on people if you are making money, spend 20 bucks and help the site. I did a little checking today and was a little shocked to see plenty of people in the 20+ rating without a sponsorship, Especially the people complaining in the "Bumping" thread. Here they are making fun of people who bump ads yet they are to cheap to spend a couple of bucks a month!!

2. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Soo not following rules has a correlation to spending $$ somehow? Ever think people selling off all this stuff are maybe doing it for financial reasons? Just saying...

ETA: I'm asking honestly as a question as I don't understand the connection here.

3. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

Your platinum donation can run out and the feed back is still there.

theduke, iamme, TMACK and 5 others like this.
  4. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

I agree. Nothing is in more need of changing than other people's behavior.

nwo, rumblebee1967, iusmc2002 and 7 others like this.
  5. krkruse

krkruse Salem area Active Member

You can always donate.

6. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Yep

safetyman, mattdomes, EMP9596 and 5 others like this.
  7. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

And here you are with 15 posts, telling other people what they "should" do. What a great way to start out! Some peoples children....

8. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

Good point; sagerat has a good point also. I plan on re-upping my donation this year after I take in my pop cans.

9. t.huynh

t.huynh vancouver, wa Active Member

I have a lot of feedback, but every time I sell something, I ALWAYS lose money. So yeah, not every one who has a lot of feed back is making money. But, I do want to get a supporting membership because I love this site.

10. sagerat-shooter

Oh so just because I have "only" 15 posts I am not allowed to comment? I have been on this site longer then you........

11. sagerat-shooter

Yes I think you have it!! They are indeed doing it for financial reasons and doing very well if they have 80+ in feedback!!!! And those guys are complaining because their ads are being bumped down so they can't sell them and make money. you know the crow calling the ravin black thing.

12. sagerat-shooter

EXACTLY MY POINT.

13. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE YELLING ABOUT?!?!? Calm down fellas. The truth is we all should be donating to support the site but the great thing is its still a free site to use. Not just to sell stuff

14. sagerat-shooter

LOL I knew somebody would say that and find it interesting a non-sponsor said it.

15. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

Well, it probably means you don't contribute much. When I joined, it didn't say anything about needing to pay. I have a lot of trade ratings, but that doesn't mean I'm making money. Also, if it bothers you so much, maybe you should donate. Practice what you preach, ya ever heard of that?
    :winkkiss:

HKFooey, BVB, nwo and 5 others like this.
  16. no time

no time Roseburg area Active Member

There, now a sponsor said it. Mo bettah?

17. sagerat-shooter

I never said you had to pay, I said if you are using this site to buy\sell\trade why would you not want to help it out? I am indeed practicing what I preach, if I were a wheeler-dealer on this site with a high feedback I would become a sponsor. If a person is just visiting and browsing the forum then I see why they would not have to\want to contribute. BUT if a person was buying, selling or trading on a site wouldn’t you agree that person owes something to the site? It is still cheaper than an ad in the paper:thumbup:

18. HandSolo

HandSolo hillsboro New Member

wow what a waste of a thread...

don't you have something better to do with your time..

19. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

No kidding.

I just skimmed the thread, but how are you sure somebody is "making money" with 80 transactions? In all my 30 something NWFA transactions, I don't think I've ever made a dime

20. x1hunter89

x1hunter89 gresham oregon Active Member

or you can post on armstrader free and people dont try and tell you to donate. the sponsor thing is nice though but with the economy goin the way it is i think people are a little more tighter with their moneys.