JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday I contacted a member about a rifle he has for sale. I was a little hesitant about buying from him so he says "check my feedback I buy, sell and trade on this site all the time" Well I started thinking about that and concluded he is making money off this site and is to cheap to spend 20 bucks a year to help sponsor the site!! Come on people if you are making money, spend 20 bucks and help the site. I did a little checking today and was a little shocked to see plenty of people in the 20+ rating without a sponsorship, Especially the people complaining in the "Bumping" thread. Here they are making fun of people who bump ads yet they are to cheap to spend a couple of bucks a month!!

Soo not following rules has a correlation to spending $$ somehow? Ever think people selling off all this stuff are maybe doing it for financial reasons? Just saying...

ETA: I'm asking honestly as a question as I don't understand the connection here.

I have a lot of feedback, but every time I sell something, I ALWAYS lose money. So yeah, not every one who has a lot of feed back is making money. But, I do want to get a supporting membership because I love this site.

Soo not following rules has a correlation to spending $$ somehow? Ever think people selling off all this stuff are maybe doing it for financial reasons? Just saying...

ETA: I'm asking honestly as a question as I don't understand the connection here.

Yes I think you have it!! They are indeed doing it for financial reasons and doing very well if they have 80+ in feedback!!!! And those guys are complaining because their ads are being bumped down so they can't sell them and make money. you know the crow calling the ravin black thing.

Oh so just because I have "only" 15 posts I am not allowed to comment? I have been on this site longer then you........
Well, it probably means you don't contribute much. When I joined, it didn't say anything about needing to pay. I have a lot of trade ratings, but that doesn't mean I'm making money. Also, if it bothers you so much, maybe you should donate. Practice what you preach, ya ever heard of that?
:winkkiss:

Well, it probably means you don't contribute much. When I joined, it didn't say anything about needing to pay. I have a lot of trade ratings, but that doesn't mean I'm making money. Also, if it bothers you so much, maybe you should donate. Practice what you preach, ya ever heard of that?
:winkkiss:

I never said you had to pay, I said if you are using this site to buy\sell\trade why would you not want to help it out? I am indeed practicing what I preach, if I were a wheeler-dealer on this site with a high feedback I would become a sponsor. If a person is just visiting and browsing the forum then I see why they would not have to\want to contribute. BUT if a person was buying, selling or trading on a site wouldn’t you agree that person owes something to the site? It is still cheaper than an ad in the paper:s0155:

No kidding.

I just skimmed the thread, but how are you sure somebody is "making money" with 80 transactions? In all my 30 something NWFA transactions, I don't think I've ever made a dime

I never said you had to pay, I said if you are using this site to buy\sell\trade why would you not want to help it out? I am indeed practicing what I preach, if I were a wheeler-dealer on this site with a high feedback I would become a sponsor. If a person is just visiting and browsing the forum then I see why they would not have to\want to contribute. BUT if a person was buying, selling or trading on a site wouldn't you agree that person owes something to the site? It is still cheaper than an ad in the paper

or you can post on armstrader free and people dont try and tell you to donate. the sponsor thing is nice though but with the economy goin the way it is i think people are a little more tighter with their moneys.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top