JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You mean you've been on this site for over two years, 21 posts (one of which is insulting a fellow member of the forums), and zero feedback? Reminds me of the jobless relative that shows up, eats your food, drinks, your beer, pees on your toilet seat, hits on your wife, passes out on your couch then leaves at 2:00am only to do it all over again the next. You might be better off creating a new i.d for this site and starting fresh

Uncle Steve, is that you?!?!

Meh. I'm sure people donate when they can. It's possible that the user in question donated previous years or just doesn't feel that he should have to. Either way, no need to get bent out of shape about it.

Maybe the guy is on the verge of losing his house and is just selling stuff every month to make his payments.

Saying someone who is selling stuff is obviously doing well is really making a lot of assumptions that you honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Just because someone owns a business does not mean they have all the money they need. The business could be on the verge of failing. Good advice i always heard was don't judge someone until you have walked in their shoes.

I never said you had to pay, I said if you are using this site to buy\sell\trade why would you not want to help it out? I am indeed practicing what I preach, if I were a wheeler-dealer on this site with a high feedback I would become a sponsor. If a person is just visiting and browsing the forum then I see why they would not have to\want to contribute. BUT if a person was buying, selling or trading on a site wouldn’t you agree that person owes something to the site? It is still cheaper than an ad in the paper:s0155:

We do see this all the time, people making money and not donating. It'd be nice if they did, but in the end we leave it up to them. This site will always be free to use, it's up to each person to decide whether they feel it's valuable enough to them to contribute to the costs of keeping it online.

aw.jpg

Yesterday I contacted a member about a rifle he has for sale. I was a little hesitant about buying from him so he says "check my feedback I buy, sell and trade on this site all the time" Well I started thinking about that and concluded he is making money off this site and is to cheap to spend 20 bucks a year to help sponsor the site!! Come on people if you are making money, spend 20 bucks and help the site. I did a little checking today and was a little shocked to see plenty of people in the 20+ rating without a sponsorship, Especially the people complaining in the "Bumping" thread. Here they are making fun of people who bump ads yet they are to cheap to spend a couple of bucks a month!!

So, did you bid?

Wow, been here some 3 yrs, traded, bought and even sold to raise $ for daughters down payment for a house..

really Donate is donate.. free is free.. you can vent, you can reply, you can offer to trade or sell, you can even be sorta politically uncorrect, just not vulguar.

Courtesy always helps, and freedom is what Joey has offered. Bickering solves little and really does nothng to promote much of anything.. just .o2c

I don't donate cause i post in the classifieds , i donate for the drama. Priceless.

I only say the following to make a point so don't think i am ranting or making any suggestions
To the OP I see the your point but I think ranting about it is wrong, cause Its a free board supported by those who enjoy it enough to support it. there are many who support and don't even post in the classifieds , maybe cause they just like to support a local gun site , or enjoy a place to share information to teach and learn, I have shared a lot of information and learned a few things too, Think about it if you have a problem with your gun you can post a question and in minutes you have a few guys there with a answer saving $$ at a gunsmith or have a hunting question like "What do you guys use as a rifle in 17HMR for sage rats? " and have 2 pages of discussion to help you decide maybe saving you time and helping to make your decision , i have had good laughs and made a guy laugh so hard he spewed coffee on his keyboard its a fun place to hang out most of the time. If you think Classified users should pay to list in the classifieds on the flip side Maybe people who rant should pay to rant. I honestly think really negative rants that spawn negativity hurt the sight more than help it.

OK whatever happens don't let this turn into a 1911 vs Glock or a whats the best caliber for... argument... those just go on for days.

Bottom line - if you are a business - no doubt about it - you should donate if you are going to be posting in the want ads. I think it would even qualify for write off on the taxes as an "advertising/promotion " expense. (note I am not a tax accountant, nor do/did I play one on TV)

As has been stated before - you never know the circumstances that lead people to the transactions they make. I know of more than one person who sold off their collections here to pay for medical expenses or because of medical conditions. Also know of one person who was posting up the guns of a widow friend to help her sell off her recently deceased husbands stuff to ensure she got a fair price and because he knew the items better than she did. I even know of one person who is constantly trading - not making money but always trading this for that because they want to try it out for a few weeks. I am fairly certain that they don't make any money if you were to look at the sum of all the trades - probably even lost a bit overall. I haven't noticed if all of them are supporting members and personally don't think it's any of my business unless they feel compelled to inform me the reasons for their actions.

OK - end of my questionably pointless post...

We do see this all the time, people making money and not donating. It'd be nice if they did, but in the end we leave it up to them. This site will always be free to use, it's up to each person to decide whether they feel it's valuable enough to them to contribute to the costs of keeping it online.

Well that pretty much sums it up. I wonder how many will now feel it is valuable enough to them to donate and how many will still just feel so guilty about not contributing that they have to post a negative reply. Maybe I hit a nerve with you? The worse part about this are the PMs I received from people who agreed with me but didn't want to post because of the flames they would receive.

I sure wish the weather would clear up so I can go out and smack a couple thousand sage rats......

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top