JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
for thunderbeast, accuracy is not "one of" their highest priority. it _is_ their highest priority. #1.

i visited their facility in cheyenne and talked with ray, the owner. all the guys at thunderbeast are long range precision shooters. they also give professional long range training. https://thunderbeastarms.com/training/

thunderbeast have a proven track record in long range competition.

i like lane's philosophy of user servicible suppressors, and monocore is the only way you'll get accurate servicible ones. but i don't think they have the proven competition track record yet.

then you don't care about accuracy. any user servicible can that can be disassembled will suck for accuracy.

This is why monocores have an inherent advantage, there is no shift in the baffles because they're all made from the same piece of metal. If it's a screw on, it has still another level of advantage. Generally, the AAC and some of the other quick-detach systems out there (including one I built) use a taper to index the suppressor and a threaded (acme in most cases) section to tension the suppressor into the taper.

Since I have worked for an FFL with the ability to make suppressors at will, I have made a few dozen of them that were made for testing. Monocore is greatly superior in terms of repeatability. To a certain extent, the level of suppression does suffer slightly in terms of overall size (you need a slightly bigger can to make the same level of suppression as you would with an M or K baffle). However I don't consider this a major issue in most cases. In terms of machining, monocores are also easier, however the science of suppression isn't as cut and dry as many people think it is.

The working theory I have of how suppressors work is you flow gas under high pressure through a restricted aperture into a void in the suppressor, when the pressure drops, it will give the gas a chance to cool and the pressure to drop more gradually. Surface area also plays a role in this, but this increases heat transfer to the can and won't work well for sustained fire. The N-shaped baffle Lane uses probably isn't as good as some, but it's likely sufficient for sustained fire.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top