JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in the market to purchase a new can. I am looking to use it on multiple host. AR SBR(5.56, 300blk), 308 Bolt gun. Cans that i am looking at are.

on the ar it will need to be accessible underneath the hand guards.

762 saker (if i can find one in stock) <broken link removed>

Gemtech Sandstorm <broken link removed>

Arbiter <broken link removed>

Anyone with experience or knowledge with these or others that i should look at please give me you feedback.

I am not familiar with any of the above. After having acquired several of different calibers, brands and for several applications, these are my rules of thumb:
1. Get the lightest (Titanium), light and easy to clean.
2. Unless you are an "operator" avoid quick detach. Increase price, weight, etc and less noise reduction.
3. If you plan to shoot a lot of cast bullets, get a break-down can.
4. if you compromise on a can that does many things for you, you may end up with a can that does many things mediocrily.

Check YHM and Huntertown before you make a decision.

I have shot several 308 cans really digging the saker and the specwar. Sounds like the Saker is going to be more what your looking for. The specwar lock ring might be a pain with the handgaurd but its built like a tank and the Saker can use just about any manufacturers mount.

I have a Gemtech HVT QD.

Swaps between any other rifle/pistol I have a QD mount for in a few seconds. Push in, turn, remove. I think I have 4 or 5 rifles from 5.56, 6.8, .300 BO to .308 that have these quick mount devices. No, I'm not operator as all get out, I just like the no muss, no fuss, quick detach. Works well, and quiets down what needs quieting. I sight in with the can on, and there is some POI shift, but not very much.

The few extra ounces doesn't bother me.

Interesting do you have any hands on experience with this company?

No, I don't own one yet.
Found out about them from research.
They are the most interesting to me because:
1. Easy service for cleaning
2. Effective - very quiet
3. Low Cost
4. Easy future upgradeable
5. Easy replacement of parts in case of baffle strike or any other damage
6. Lightweight

No, I don't own one yet.
Found out about them from research.
They are the most interesting to me because:
1. Easy service for cleaning
2. Effective - very quiet
3. Low Cost
4. Easy future upgradeable
5. Easy replacement of parts in case of baffle strike or any other damage
6. Lightweight

My only concern is Accuracy and Warranty. Seems like they are gtg but I don't want to spend money on a product I wont be happy with.

If anyone out there has any experience with this company please chime in and let us know what you thought about them.

I know I'm late to the party, but I have the arbiter. I'm really happy with it. I use it on my .308, and with subsonic rounds, it's very quiet. I also bought an adapter and use the can on my ar as well as .22's. It works well on both. Plus, it's a titanium can at a really good price point. I put a Bowers group silicone sleeve on it, because it warms up fast!

Titanium is great for pistol suppressors... but not so much for rifle suppressors. I know everyone thinks "titanium wow" but the best material for rifle can baffles are the nickel alloys (monel, inconel, hastelloy, etc) they stand up to the heat and abrasive/corrosive environment much better. It's also important to remember that if titanium gets hot enough, it does burn.

Checking out the lane suppressors... they're vaguely similar to some of the cans I made a while ago at my ex employer (10/02 FFL/SOT) but their baffle stack looks like they may be more looking to copy other designs out there than really doing something new and innovative. Don't take this as a serious criticism, most suppressor companies spend a lot of time copying each other as what makes a suppressor quiet is a complex science. For what lane is charging, it looks like they're on the up and up. Also, the monocore design lends itself to a more repeatable POI shift, and more importantly it's easier to clean. Buying a tig welded titanium suppressor seems like buying a ferarri with the hood welded shut.

As far as gemtech goes... they make great stuff, always have. The HVT is a fantastic suppressor. Personally, I don't really buy into the hype of titanium for this application. You may wish to check out the HVT, it's a tried and true design, if you want to go with gemtech. Otherwise, given what I've seen from lane (stainless monocore with titanium body tube) sounds like a winner to me

That is an interesting point. I'm no expert, but I would like more proof of that before I bought another sealed can.

it's pretty simple. any time your baffles shift, your POI shifts. also, unless your baffles are perfectly aligned, your accuracy will suffer. taking your can apart and putting it back together, all the baffles have shifted. also, unwelded baffles can move under the extreme pressures involved. there's simply no way to ensure they won't move unless they are welded.

you might be able to mitigate some of these issues with a monocore, but your suppression will suffer as a result.

now, not all sealed cans are accurate. very few suppressor companies put a priority on accuracy, most prioritize suppression. thunder beast is currently the only company i know of that puts accuracy as #1 priority above all else.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Lane Products.

I called Cory yesterday and quizzed him about accuracy with his monocore suppressors that can be disassembled for cleaning/repair.

Here's what he sent me via email:
"I can assure you that accuracy is one of our highest priorities as well as sound reductions. That is why we work with some of the best long range shooters in our area. I don't know if you use facebook but if you do go to https://www.facebook.com/lanellc.silencers a lot of our customers post their findings on there.

BROCK SCORPION MAGNUM.jpg BROCK SCORPION 556.jpg 308 LOAD DEVELOPEMENT.jpg The image with the suppressor pictured was a group I did on Saturday. Its not the best but it was done in the first stages of load development and I'm not a professional shooter. The other images are groups that one of our sponsored shooters sent me.

Thanks, and please do not hesitate to call or email with any questions you might have."

Cory Johnston
Lane LLC
2281 S. Plaza Dr. Unit 19
Rapid City S.D. 57702
phone# <broken link removed>
www.lane-products.com
www.facebook.com/lanellc.silencers

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR