JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found a place that sells CAST bullets for Tokarev in .307, 308, .309. Is there any problem in shooting cast in a Tokarev? do I have to load in Low velocities?
Also can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy cheap FMJ's for the Tokarev?

There aren't any cheap .308" pistol bullets. If you get a resizing kit, you can resize .32acp FMJ bullets (which are about the cheapest jacketed bullets) down to .308" and then hope you can work up a decent load for them.

I'm not sure how slow you can load for a tokarev and still make it cycle reliably, but most cast bullet companies recommend velocities of 1200fps or lower when not using gas checks to prevent leading.

I never did shoot any lead in 7.62x25, but in .30mauser (physicaly the same as tokarev, but lower pressure), most of my loads run 950 to 1100fps with resized 76gr lead bullets.

At 15cents or less a round, you can not justify reloading. Brass new or used, primers at 3-4cents, powder at 1-2 cents, bullet cost of at least a dime, go figure.. I have some 15 cent ammo if you need some.

For sure its going to cost more reloading, I thought real hard before ordering Tok dies, Lee fcd, 7.62x25 case trimmer pilot and brass.
I figure the surplus is going to dry up eventually and only the those who reload will be left standing.
I found Natchez is selling 85grn Sierra sportsman .308 fmj, and if I buy 10 boxes it'll be $12.99 a box. Its alot but its a quality bullet.
Check out Pennbullets.com they have a hard cast made especially for the 7.62x25 and they'll size it hi or low. I'm going to call them and ask about reviews and recommendations.
Can I slug the barrel with a .375 muzzleloading ball? from what end do I start?
Thanks for the offer of .15 cent ammo Roman, I might be contacting you .

go to the fishing department and buy some split shot weights, nice soft lead to slug the barrel with. I use a section of brass rod to tap it through. Which end does not matter much as you will get the smallest diameter when you are done. You can just check the muzzle end compared to the chamber end out of curiosity, tap it in a bit then tap it back out. But, it is more of an academic exercise, a barrel that is slightly smaller at the muzzle end will generally be more accurate.

7.62x25 is a great round, I compare it to the .30 carbine. In a handgun it is astounding. Waiting to see a nice little rifle built for it.

JB Sales has 7.62x25 barrel assemblies that drop in 9mm or 38 Super 1911 frames for $150(I think) they use 38 Super 1911 mags. My dream is to buy a STI 38 Super Hi Cap and drop it in. STI has 25 and 30 rd 38 Super mags so I'd get all that Tokarev ammo coming out of a accurate 1911.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top