JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I took out my LR308 for the first time today. Barrel is marked 7.62x51. Shot a box of Tula .308 no problems. Then switched to the milsurp ,that came with the rifle. Headstamped with the NATO cross, F, 78, and 4B. About the 10th round a fired casing stuck in the chamber BAD. Tapped it out with a AK cleaning rod, had to tap damn hard. Anybody know what kind of ammo this is? There was no obvious damage to the casing once it was extracted.

I have heard of people having problems after firing steel case ammo and then switching to brass cased ammo.
The steel case ammo does not expand/form to the chamber, which allows gases, carbon, etc, to blow back around the case.
Then when you fire a brass cased round that does expand in the chamber, it gets stuck on the residue that is there.

Try cleaning the chamber throughly and then try the brass cased ammo. I bet your problem will be solved.

M67

Silver primer with lil stakes? If so, sounds like Chilean 1978. Never shot it, but I heard there were problems with some lots. Lemme see if I can find where I read about it
I could be completely wrong though :)

It is a silver primer, never had trouble with 5.56 switching from steel to brass, but I've never shot this rifle. Only fired 20 rounds of the tula, chamber looks clean. But I will be cleaning it before trying again. . . Thanks for the replies.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top