JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a .50 cal ammo can with 8 of these, 50 round ammo English ammo holders. Is there anyone around who can tell me what the ammo was that is in these and what was the purpose for transporting ammo this way?

Thank you

SF-

L2A2 MF 70.jpeg

Radway Green was a make available in surplus bulk on links through Classic Firearms 5 yrs ago. Not an answer, just a possibility.
Correct answer. They sold at Bisley via the surplus 7.62x51 dealers, many moons ago, for about 50p - back then that was a dollar. Hardly ever see them these days, BTW.

Like many things back in the day, they were well-made and high quality items that will likely last forever. Maybe longer.

Good ole Radway Green 7.62 X 51 food for the British L1A1 or any other NATO weapon of that caliber. Got a couple cans like it here and wish I had more. Great ball ammo but Berdan primed so not readily re-loadable. The Brits might have been a little obsessive compulsive with the packing but quicker/easier to deal with than a bunch of paper wrappings like the com block calibers IMHO.

PC040008.JPG

Good ole Radway Green 7.62 X 51 food for the British L1A1 or any other NATO weapon of that caliber. Got a couple cans like it here and wish I had more. Great ball ammo but Berdan primed so not readily re-loadable. The Brits might have been a little obsessive compulsive with the packing but quicker/easier to deal with than a bunch of paper wrappings like the com block calibers IMHO.

View attachment 890413
The packaging was designed by the STANAG committee of logistics and not the British. Having been an end-user for many years, you can take that to the bank.

So essentially the green plastic case is in NO way an indicator of what ammo is supposed to be in the can I got, correct?

More I dig through it, the more I find mixed head stamps

SF-

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top