JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I took out my LR308 for the first time today. Barrel is marked 7.62x51. Shot a box of Tula .308 no problems. Then switched to the milsurp ,that came with the rifle. Headstamped with the NATO cross, F, 78, and 4B. About the 10th round a fired casing stuck in the chamber BAD. Tapped it out with a AK cleaning rod, had to tap damn hard. Anybody know what kind of ammo this is? There was no obvious damage to the casing once it was extracted.

I have heard of people having problems after firing steel case ammo and then switching to brass cased ammo.
The steel case ammo does not expand/form to the chamber, which allows gases, carbon, etc, to blow back around the case.
Then when you fire a brass cased round that does expand in the chamber, it gets stuck on the residue that is there.

Try cleaning the chamber throughly and then try the brass cased ammo. I bet your problem will be solved.

M67

Silver primer with lil stakes? If so, sounds like Chilean 1978. Never shot it, but I heard there were problems with some lots. Lemme see if I can find where I read about it
I could be completely wrong though :)

It is a silver primer, never had trouble with 5.56 switching from steel to brass, but I've never shot this rifle. Only fired 20 rounds of the tula, chamber looks clean. But I will be cleaning it before trying again. . . Thanks for the replies.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top