JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What does Jay Leno have in common with a drive-by shooter? They're both "car owners".

A lot of people seem to think that having a firearm in your possession makes you a member of an exclusive club of "gun owners". Those on the left want to tar legitimate, law abiding gun owners like most of us here, with the same brush as criminals like this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how they sell enhance the story-quoting news release:

Investigators said they seized "two pistols, three completed ghost guns, thousands of rounds of ammunition, 15 loaded high-capacity magazines, three drill presses, and other assorted firearm manufacturing equipment, and approximately 200 counterfeit oxycodone pills containing fentanyl."

-thousands of rounds of ammunition-just what to say to upset those nike shoe wearing Karens.
-not just 15 magazines but seizure of 15 loaded high capacity magazines.
-confiscating drill presses-that is just over the top. The next thing I know, I'll need to pass a background check and complete a 4473 to get out of Home Depot with a new drill.
-other assorted manufacturing equipment-we are all in trouble. We will need to hide hacksaws, files, screw drivers, calipers, hammers, punches, drill bits and heaven only knows what else the scalp hunters will be looking for.

I am not defending the individual in the article, but I think we all need to be thinking about how the media is portraying firearms owners. The media isn't about the truth, it's about selling news and getting the best possible viewer watcher ratings.

Polymer 80's, bump stocks, auto key cards and the like.
Really that good for us as a whole?
Im actually surprised ghost guns have remained legal for as long as they have. Im not surprised the bad guys picked up on manufacturing them like this article. I dont think they will be legal much longer.

"Thousands of rounds of ammunition" Positively shocking.

Contraband drill presses.

Guy tried to hide some of his activity by storing it with a relative. Good example that anyone doing this will have to be smarter than fed investigators.

If you are too dangerous to be trusted with those rights, you should be locked up or put down.
Don't worry, they don't do those things anymore. Felons are safe.

Being white has nothing to do with it.
What a novel idea.

Don't worry, they don't do those things anymore. Felons are safe.
I assume you're being sarcastic, but bad people are going to do what they will no matter what you label them.

I don't support the GCA of 68, so by default I don't think there should be people walking around that can't go to a hardware store and walk out with a gun, no BGC.

Im actually surprised ghost guns have remained legal for as long as they have. Im not surprised the bad guys picked up on manufacturing them like this article. I dont think they will be legal much longer.
There are those than can turn a block of aluminum metal, also know as a 0% lower into a working firearm without to much difficulty. The computerized milling machines to do this are not that expensive.

From scratch, a good 3-D printer can you give you polymer platform to build a Glock style pistol.

John Browning built many of firearms with very simple tooling.

In many foreign countries, gun manufacture is often a cottage industry. And most of these gun manufacturers use 0% frames.

We have politicians using the phrase "ghost guns" in an effort to villainize firearm ownership. A ghost gun is a non-serialized firearm, whether made that way or has had it's SN removed. Ghost guns with serial numbers removed are not something that is a recent trend. Using the word "Ghost Guns" is a new trend and the term is being used in a manner not friendly to gun owners.

There are those than can turn a block of aluminum metal, also know as a 0% lower into a working firearm without to much difficulty. The computerized milling machines to do this are not that expensive.

From scratch, a good 3-D printer can you give you polymer platform to build a Glock style pistol.
sure, but home builders are not manufacturing them to sell on the black market. The average home builder is dependent on 80% kits and isn't going to invest in 3D printing or milling machines. This makes it even easier for the bad guys to manufacture guns with 80% kits, all Im saying is Im surprised they werent outlawed a while ago.

I don't think there should be people walking around that can't go to a hardware store and walk out with a gun
1968 GCA Re. prohibited persons, "mental defective:" Once the kind souls who run our society decided that people should no longer be institutionalized, it transpired that this reasoning put a lot of people walking around who probably shouldn't have guns. Your argument stands logical had society not decided to "mainstream" many people who shouldn't have firearms.

bad people are going to do what they will no matter what you label them.
1968 GCA Re. prohibited persons, "Convicted in any court convicted of a crime by punishment of a term exceeding one year." Or "fugitive from justice." It doesn't use the word "felon." The 1968 GCA isn't about labels. It's about potential behavior. The intent was to keep firearms away from people who've previously exhibited behavior that endangered society.

Of course, I have left out many other categories of prohibited persons.

John Browning built many of firearms with very simple tooling.

In many foreign countries, gun manufacture is often a cottage industry. And most of these gun manufacturers use 0% frames.

We have politicians using the phrase "ghost guns" in an effort to villainize firearm ownership. A ghost gun is a non-serialized firearm, whether made that way or has had it's SN removed. Ghost guns with serial numbers removed are not something that is a recent trend. Using the word "Ghost Guns" is a new trend and the term is being used in a manner not friendly to gun owners.
The term Ghost Gun is the new Assault Weapon. It means whatever a politician wants it to mean. It sounds scarier than Unserialized, so it will continue to see a lot of use and misuse. Truth will have nothing to do with it.

The term Ghost Gun is the new Assault Weapon. It means whatever a politician wants it to mean. It sounds scarier than Unserialized, so it will continue to see a lot of use and misuse. Truth will have nothing to do with it.
The ATF's own docs on this issue refer to them as PMF's - privately made firearms.

In this case, I say we laugh at anyone who uses the term ghost gun and point them to the real term: PMF's.

I have to imagine it's a good deal less scary and loaded to the non-gun-owning layman.

I always thought the label "ghost gun" was pretty appropriate, was it invented to be pejorative to gun rights?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top