JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If your looking to play with another caliber why not build a .25 45 sharps? Everything you already have works, just need to swap a barrel and you will have a cartridge comparable to the .257 Roberts. To me the fact that for a couple hundred bucks I can turn an existing AR into something else with a little more umph is whats appealing. I have enough AR stuff without having to try and keep track of special parts and magazines.

Of course I am also worried about getting a stray round in a 5.56 gun. Probably ruin your whole day

Thats good to know, I have a number of carbine lowers with 5.56 uppers, so for now I think I will pick up a 6.8 upper then finish my stripped lower for a dedicated 6.8

If your looking to play with another caliber why not build a .25 45 sharps? Everything you already have works, just need to swap a barrel and you will have a cartridge comparable to the .257 Roberts. To me the fact that for a couple hundred bucks I can turn an existing AR into something else with a little more umph is whats appealing. I have enough AR stuff without having to try and keep track of special parts and magazines.

Of course I am also worried about getting a stray round in a 5.56 gun. Probably ruin your whole day

With the more broad ogive of the .25-45 it shouldn't go in to battery the way the 300 Blackeye does. You might get a stuck bullet but at least you wont have a bomb stuck too your cheek.

I put a RRA upper on an Elite Operator lower. Extremely accurate and hard-hitting. I know ballistics are better for the Grendel but I love my 6.8. I put a Hawke optic on it to hunt coyotes. Last one at 270 yards was drt. Ammo is abundant and even cheaper if you reload. Nosler seconds in 115 Custom Comp over 27 gr H322 works great in this rifle. I have had lots of rifles come and go but this one stays! Also, I put an H3 buffer in it so recoil is negligible. I painted a red 6.8 on my mags to prevent accidental mixing with 5.56.

my six eight.jpg

six eight.jpg

I know it has been debated to death but if I wasn't given or ended up with a 6.8 in a trade or some other caveat was included I would never have one (and haven't). Compare ballistics and purchase.

So why bring the debate back up? I have owned both and I sold the Grendel and Kept the 6.8spc .

Because no matter what you can always get someone to bite.

I sold my Grendel too but I can recognize its the superior cartridge. (only when comparing ballistics though), Not if your ammo needs to come from Walmart.

Lol . Ballistics are not every thing . There are other factors to consider . I did like that i could buy ammo from bi mart and not mail order . part of the problem was i had problems with mine from the factory with feed issues that i had to fix myself since the best answer i could get from them was to clean it.

I did not have to sale the 6.5 I just wanted to. i bought into the hype and Meh . I just like the 6.8 better .

My 6.8 with Spikes Spartan lower, spikes upper, cmc trigger,Wilson combat lite hunter 16" barrel.
Shoots well as can be done with an eotech -/+ 1.5" @ 100 yards. I like it so far. Kick is minimal with the addition of a brake since this pic was taken.

image.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads