JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BCA has had some issues with 6.5 grendel chambers in the past. I would inspect and thoroughly clean the chamber, if that doesn't improve anything I would contact BCA and have them fix or replace the barrel.

I have had problems with BCA barrels in 7.62x39. Exact same issue, difficult to chamber and difficult to extract. They replaced the barrel for me. But the new one they sent me was even worse. Got a refund and went with PSA.

Does anyone have any experience with diamondback barrels or fixing a bad chamber? This is just a proof of concept and I don't want to spend that much on it. I definitely voided the warranty on it so sending it back isn't an option.

You could try polishing the chamber with some Flitz after ruling out everything else first and don't overdo it. If that doesn't work it will cost more to fix it than to get another Bear Crap Arsenal Barrel.

List of other potential problems that could cause this.
Misaligned gas tube,
Out of spec gas key, (had this happened with a factory-built AA grendle)
Out of spec. extractor,
Lube and break-in time
Mis aligned locking lugs (factory problem)
Headspace (Factory problem)
Wolf Ammo

Last Edited:
You could try polishing the chamber with some Flitz after ruling out everything else first and don't overdo it. If that doesn't work it will cost more to fix it than to get another Bear Crap Arsenal Barrel.

List of other potential problems that could cause this.
Misaligned gas tube,
Out of spec gas key, (had this happened with a factory-built AA grendle)
Out of spec. extractor,
Lube and break-in time
Mis aligned locking lugs (factory problem)
Headspace (Factory problem)
Wolf Ammo
No gas tube or gas key so that's not it. It's got lots of lube, could need to be broken in. How could I tell if it's the extractor or locking lugs? I am using Wolf Ammo, it's what I could find.

FWIW i havent had a single issue with my 6.5 gren. BCA barrel and it shoots 3/4min or better out to 600 consistantly.

they do have pretty sharp feed ramps, is the brass getting scratched up? maybe clean the chamber real well.

Nitride/Melonite Barrel and bolt carrier group?

I have found that some Nitride/Melonite bolt carrier groups tend to have issues getting stuck when new.

Last Edited:
Where does it get starts to get hard to feed just shoving the shell into the chamber or when the bolt head starts to turn.

And what is it doing on extraction? You fire your shot and it's not pulling the spent case out? does the extractor let go and leave the shell in or partially in the chamber?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top