6.5 grendel AR issues.

Will_White

Reactions
I just put together a 6.5 grendel AR and it is extremely hard to chamber or extract a round, is this something that will just smooth out with use or is there something I can do to speed it along.

Reactions
BCA has had some issues with 6.5 grendel chambers in the past. I would inspect and thoroughly clean the chamber, if that doesn't improve anything I would contact BCA and have them fix or replace the barrel.

mike1281

Reactions
I have had problems with BCA barrels in 7.62x39. Exact same issue, difficult to chamber and difficult to extract. They replaced the barrel for me. But the new one they sent me was even worse. Got a refund and went with PSA.

OP
Will_White

Will_White

Reactions
Does anyone have any experience with diamondback barrels or fixing a bad chamber? This is just a proof of concept and I don't want to spend that much on it. I definitely voided the warranty on it so sending it back isn't an option.

eldbillbo

Reactions
You could try polishing the chamber with some Flitz after ruling out everything else first and don't overdo it. If that doesn't work it will cost more to fix it than to get another Bear Crap Arsenal Barrel.

List of other potential problems that could cause this.
Misaligned gas tube,
Out of spec gas key, (had this happened with a factory-built AA grendle)
Out of spec. extractor,
Lube and break-in time
Mis aligned locking lugs (factory problem)
Headspace (Factory problem)
Wolf Ammo

Last edited:
OP
Will_White

Will_White

Reactions
You could try polishing the chamber with some Flitz after ruling out everything else first and don't overdo it. If that doesn't work it will cost more to fix it than to get another Bear Crap Arsenal Barrel.

List of other potential problems that could cause this.
Misaligned gas tube,
Out of spec gas key, (had this happened with a factory-built AA grendle)
Out of spec. extractor,
Lube and break-in time
Mis aligned locking lugs (factory problem)
Headspace (Factory problem)
Wolf Ammo
No gas tube or gas key so that's not it. It's got lots of lube, could need to be broken in. How could I tell if it's the extractor or locking lugs? I am using Wolf Ammo, it's what I could find.

v0lcom13sn0w

Reactions
FWIW i havent had a single issue with my 6.5 gren. BCA barrel and it shoots 3/4min or better out to 600 consistantly.

they do have pretty sharp feed ramps, is the brass getting scratched up? maybe clean the chamber real well.

eldbillbo

Reactions
Nitride/Melonite Barrel and bolt carrier group?

I have found that some Nitride/Melonite bolt carrier groups tend to have issues getting stuck when new.

Last edited:

eldbillbo

Reactions
Where does it get starts to get hard to feed just shoving the shell into the chamber or when the bolt head starts to turn.

And what is it doing on extraction? You fire your shot and it's not pulling the spent case out? does the extractor let go and leave the shell in or partially in the chamber?

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Service
    Steve is an excellent guy to deal with. After looking at some Form 4 items at another dealer who didnt seem interested in my money, i emailed...
Top Bottom