JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
this is exactly what my x girl friend (public defender) has told me for years. very interesting to see that point blown out and developed. This is a long vid, but most likely it will pull you into it -

<broken link removed>

This is a great video. Long, but entertaining. Some great information that you would never really think twice about being honest to the police.

Thanks for sharing. I will be passing this along.

Yep, never talk to the police. If you are a citizen the police officer will throw you under the bus innocent or guilty for their police friends. They can lie. You can not.

They are not your friends. Plead/Take the 5th Amendment.

DO NOT TALK TO THE POLICE!!!!!!

I like this next time I get pulled over for speeding and the cop ask me if I know how fast i was going,I am going to use the 5th.

Last time I got pulled over, I hawed about a bit as if trying to recollect, then drawled "Why don't you just go ahead and tell me?" Pulling out the 5th in a direct way doesn't earn you any brownie points because it challenges his authority (real or not,) but I handed it back to him in a nice way.

It turns out that he pulled me over because, I've observed, that WSP won't generally pull you over for doing under 75 in a 60 (assuming there's nothing else to ticket you for) but he was kind enough to state that I wasn't making him look so good, passing a police officer doing 72. I think he was out of his jurisdiction anyway, and wasn't too concerned about getting a ticket on that basis alone. He was a nice guy, and I always turn on the inside lights before I even shut the car off so he can better see everything I'm doing in the car. Goes a long way towards making them feel comfortable. The CC permit he got with my DL and registration might have helped. I told him to have a better day and he laughed, so I knew he was at ease from the start.

Last time I got pulled over, I hawed about a bit as if trying to recollect, then drawled "Why don't you just go ahead and tell me?" Pulling out the 5th in a direct way doesn't earn you any brownie points because it challenges his authority (real or not,) but I handed it back to him in a nice way.

It turns out that he pulled me over because, I've observed, that WSP won't generally pull you over for doing under 75 in a 60 (assuming there's nothing else to ticket you for) but he was kind enough to state that I wasn't making him look so good, passing a police officer doing 72. I think he was out of his jurisdiction anyway, and wasn't too concerned about getting a ticket on that basis alone. He was a nice guy, and I always turn on the inside lights before I even shut the car off so he can better see everything I'm doing in the car. Goes a long way towards making them feel comfortable. The CC permit he got with my DL and registration might have helped. I told him to have a better day and he laughed, so I knew he was at ease from the start.

I don't give a rat's a55 if they feel comfortable or not.

you're right on the money. being nice goes a long way. I have gotten out of many tickets by simply laughing being a good guy and someone they can identify with. out of all the times I have been pulled over there was one a few years ago when I would of written myself a ticket. I "supposedly" ran a red light in front of a cop - actually the light was green for him when I went through it. Yup....I ran it BAD. he pulled me over asked me why I think he stopped me and said, well I think I have a pretty good idea. it went from there and he gave me a warning. I never forgot that and I never push red lights - if they are yellow I stop. That act of kindness was great - like i said if I pulled myself over I would of given myself a ticket no question.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
May 26, 2024 Oregon Arms Collectors
Portland, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top