JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
this is exactly what my x girl friend (public defender) has told me for years. very interesting to see that point blown out and developed. This is a long vid, but most likely it will pull you into it -

<broken link removed>

This is a great video. Long, but entertaining. Some great information that you would never really think twice about being honest to the police.

Thanks for sharing. I will be passing this along.

Yep, never talk to the police. If you are a citizen the police officer will throw you under the bus innocent or guilty for their police friends. They can lie. You can not.

They are not your friends. Plead/Take the 5th Amendment.

DO NOT TALK TO THE POLICE!!!!!!

I like this next time I get pulled over for speeding and the cop ask me if I know how fast i was going,I am going to use the 5th.

Last time I got pulled over, I hawed about a bit as if trying to recollect, then drawled "Why don't you just go ahead and tell me?" Pulling out the 5th in a direct way doesn't earn you any brownie points because it challenges his authority (real or not,) but I handed it back to him in a nice way.

It turns out that he pulled me over because, I've observed, that WSP won't generally pull you over for doing under 75 in a 60 (assuming there's nothing else to ticket you for) but he was kind enough to state that I wasn't making him look so good, passing a police officer doing 72. I think he was out of his jurisdiction anyway, and wasn't too concerned about getting a ticket on that basis alone. He was a nice guy, and I always turn on the inside lights before I even shut the car off so he can better see everything I'm doing in the car. Goes a long way towards making them feel comfortable. The CC permit he got with my DL and registration might have helped. I told him to have a better day and he laughed, so I knew he was at ease from the start.

Last time I got pulled over, I hawed about a bit as if trying to recollect, then drawled "Why don't you just go ahead and tell me?" Pulling out the 5th in a direct way doesn't earn you any brownie points because it challenges his authority (real or not,) but I handed it back to him in a nice way.

It turns out that he pulled me over because, I've observed, that WSP won't generally pull you over for doing under 75 in a 60 (assuming there's nothing else to ticket you for) but he was kind enough to state that I wasn't making him look so good, passing a police officer doing 72. I think he was out of his jurisdiction anyway, and wasn't too concerned about getting a ticket on that basis alone. He was a nice guy, and I always turn on the inside lights before I even shut the car off so he can better see everything I'm doing in the car. Goes a long way towards making them feel comfortable. The CC permit he got with my DL and registration might have helped. I told him to have a better day and he laughed, so I knew he was at ease from the start.

I don't give a rat's a55 if they feel comfortable or not.

you're right on the money. being nice goes a long way. I have gotten out of many tickets by simply laughing being a good guy and someone they can identify with. out of all the times I have been pulled over there was one a few years ago when I would of written myself a ticket. I "supposedly" ran a red light in front of a cop - actually the light was green for him when I went through it. Yup....I ran it BAD. he pulled me over asked me why I think he stopped me and said, well I think I have a pretty good idea. it went from there and he gave me a warning. I never forgot that and I never push red lights - if they are yellow I stop. That act of kindness was great - like i said if I pulled myself over I would of given myself a ticket no question.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top