JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
upload_2019-1-17_12-18-6.jpeg

You're all for culling the herd eh? When the bees are gone we're next. There's more than enough land and resources on this water planet to feed and water everyone. The myth that there's too many people is a lie.

Side note: While I recognize there are certain areas that would seem over populated, by and large, I also recognize that many people don't realize how large the Earth is (somewhat mind boggling; and then if you consider the size of Jupiter, the Sun, Suns so large they make our sun look like an asteroid, our solar system, the galaxy, etc... but I digress)... Anyway, a few years back, I was curious and wanted to give myself some perspective on it, so I did a little research and a little math that went basically something like this:

I took the last mass of Oregon, subtracted out the "land" mass of all of the bodies of water in Oregon, subtracted out few other areas (e.g. mountains, wetlands, etc), i.e. subtracting out areas where it wouldn't be easy for a person to "live." I forget the exact info/details, but that's the gist of what I did...

The remaining areas I considered as "livable" areas (which, I know they remaining area may not all be "livable" but this wasn't intended as unquestionable scientific research, rather just a thought experiment to give me some perspective)...

Then, I divided the remaining "livable" areas in OREGON by the estimated number of people in the WORLD (6.<something> billion, at the time, IIRC), and here's what I came up with:

You could fit every person in the world in the state of Oregon, and each one would have maybe a little less than 400SqFt of space to themselves, i.e. about the size of the average 2 car garage. Now, keep in mind, that doesn't account for having roads, stores, infrastructure, etc. That's just semi-livable landmass on Oregon, divided by the total number of people in the world. Interesting to think about (at least to me)... Then, you have the whole rest of the world left over. The world is pretty big.

So yeah, it would seem a little questionable as to whether the Earth is really over populated. Yes, I know you have to grow food for everyone, have places for animals to live, have roads and other transport options, so to don't take this as me trying to prove that there isn't a population problem... Maybe there is, maybe there isn't, I'm not sure, but this just gave me a little perspective as to how large the world is.

All cell phone and ham radio manuals, etc warn not to use them excessively very near to your body. Probably good advice. Use the speaker, Bluetooth, ear phones, etc. A hand held ham radio can put out 5 watts of power. Is that a lot? It's the same as an old incandescent Christmas light bulb. Would you hold that 5 W bulb next to your ear? Not for long. Probably best to maintain some distance from the cell or ham radio. Be best. ;)

The lower power output of a cordless phone should be less damaging - I hope.

Side note: While I recognize there are certain areas that would seem over populated, by and large, I also recognize that many people don't realize how large the Earth is (somewhat mind boggling; and then if you consider the size of Jupiter, the Sun, Suns so large they make our sun look like an asteroid, our solar system, the galaxy, etc... but I digress)... Anyway, a few years back, I was curious and wanted to give myself some perspective on it, so I did a little research and a little math that went basically something like this:

I took the last mass of Oregon, subtracted out the "land" mass of all of the bodies of water in Oregon, subtracted out few other areas (e.g. mountains, wetlands, etc), i.e. subtracting out areas where it wouldn't be easy for a person to "live." I forget the exact info/details, but that's the gist of what I did...

The remaining areas I considered as "livable" areas (which, I know they remaining area may not all be "livable" but this wasn't intended as unquestionable scientific research, rather just a thought experiment to give me some perspective)...

Then, I divided the remaining "livable" areas in OREGON by the estimated number of people in the WORLD (6.<something> billion, at the time, IIRC), and here's what I came up with:

You could fit every person in the world in the state of Oregon, and each one would have maybe a little less than 400SqFt of space to themselves, i.e. about the size of the average 2 car garage. Now, keep in mind, that doesn't account for having roads, stores, infrastructure, etc. That's just semi-livable landmass on Oregon, divided by the total number of people in the world. Interesting to think about (at least to me)... Then, you have the whole rest of the world left over. The world is pretty big.

So yeah, it would seem a little questionable as to whether the Earth is really over populated. Yes, I know you have to grow food for everyone, have places for animals to live, have roads and other transport options, so to don't take this as me trying to prove that there isn't a population problem... Maybe there is, maybe there isn't, I'm not sure, but this just gave me a little perspective as to how large the world is.
And, in that same vein of looking at things from a different angle, did you know that the estimated 20 million illegal aliens in this country are more than the populations of: New Mexico, West Virginia, Nebraska, Idaho, Hawaii, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Montana, Delaware, South Dakota, Alaska, North Dakota, and Vermont... combined. That's right, more than 14 states full of illegals.

And, in that same vein of looking at things from a different angle, did you know that the estimated 20 million illegal aliens in this country are more than the populations of: New Mexico, West Virginia, Nebraska, Idaho, Hawaii, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Montana, Delaware, South Dakota, Alaska, North Dakota, and Vermont... combined. That's right, more than 14 states full of illegals.

Also an interesting perspective... Thanks for sharing.

PDX Mayor Ted doesn't want the 5G.

Maybe should roll back to shanghai days ?

The fifth generation of wireless internet would require more than 400,000 "small-cell" antennas to be placed fairly close together, a situation that officials in Portland, Oregon, have called an eyesore.

Oh wait, here it is, the reason

Ted Wheeler, mayor of Portland, Oregon, was the first to legally challenge the new rules. Portland, which charges as much as $3,000 in annual fees on cell towers, is angry not only over lost potential revenue but also because he says the small cells will be eyesores, especially in historic neighborhoods.

The 5G will pay only $100 to cities, per antenna - as so many more are needed.

Turn it all off, the whole city, LTE, Wifi, during the next protest and see what happens.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top