JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man did anyone else watch that. It was INSANE I594 camp doesn't know what is in their own bill. Someone asked if they had a grandparents antique passed onto them in their will after they die but they didn't do the background check after 60 days would they still qualify to own the firearm. Ralphs respons "I don't know" audience erupts in laughter and someone shouts out "YOU WROTE THE BILL" and it just went downhill from there

They kept trying to say transfers did not apply when their bill says it does, then Ralph kept saying "if there is no intent to commit a crime then its not a violation" The WAC guy, sorry forgot his name, had to keep reminding him what a transfer was per their bill AND that there was nothing about intent in the bill. It did seem like the audience was actually more anti 594 which was surprising (by the way I streamed it I wasn't there).

They kept bringing up online sales and the gun show loophole but the anti 594 guys did a decent job of correcting them on that

Suicides... that was a really bad hit to our side. I have no idea what suicides have to do with background checks but Ralph from WAGR kept bringing it up along with some BS statistics. Ralph actually said that the problem with us is that we don't include suicides in our statistics and the WAC guy responded that they actually agreed on that and that suicides should NOT be considered gun violence... and that is where something bizaarre happened. It seemed like most the audience booed him on that point which I don't understand. Unfortunately he started tripping over his words a bit as I could tell he was surprised by the reaction. Ralph at one point shouted out to keep hanging himself which was quite tacky especially since they were talking about suicides. After that though he did a great job on everything else.

Hopefully they have it available to replay later on. I was tweeting to their #yourvoiceyourfuture throughout the debate and calling out the lies anytime I heard one. I didn't see any pro 594 tweets but there was only a handful of us. I also posted up some comments on their Facebook page and they currently all anti 594 comments

I didn't get the suicide thing either. Suicide is suicide, if someone wants to die, they will find a way (Gun, pills, car crash, high building, etc); I don't see how a back ground check can prevent suicide, and I'm also confused why it is included in gun violence statistics.

The WAC guy should have just thrown the question back at them, "How does I-594 prevent suicide, what portion of the background check verifies your suicidal tendencies?".

We may have watched it but did the average voter watch it? Is it possible to share this video?

"I don't know." that's had me cracking up!
I don't know since it was a streaming thing. I do know most the Twitter posts with their hash tag were against 594 and on their Facebook page there is only 1 pro 594 comment on their post with the link to the live town hall the other posts are all anti 594.

I thought they were going to be broadcasting it then found out it was only streaming which sucked, I meant to watch their 11pm news cast that followed a few hours after the debate to see if they had anything from it but I had to make a late night trip to the store for the wife. I hope someone does another debate and actually broadcasts it.

I was born in Omak ,Wa left when I was 5 live in Oregon now and don't want to move back . You people have some sick individuals there . As I have said before most say I594 is just a step ? how many steps are there ? can you lay out all the steps you have lined up and how many do we have to look forward too if I594 don't do anything or not enough to ease your mind. Where does it stop ?
Bull puckey children if and when it passes and you feel all warm and full of yourself and nothing changes what is next.
Think about it "NOW" not down the road when all of a sudden it ain't working like you just knew it would. your a waste of good air because you cannot see past your own nose.

... As I have said before most say I594 is just a step ? how many steps are there ? can you lay out all the steps you have lined up and how many do we have to look forward too if I594 don't do anything or not enough to ease your mind. Where does it stop ?

Funny you should ask. They just answered that publicly:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/09/12/finally-waving-the-white-flag-on-the-assault-weapons-ban/

"...The CAP report makes official what advocates have aimed for since the post-Newtown focus landed on background checks.A ProPublica report this weekquoted a series of advocates saying they officially support an assault weapons ban but have abandoned the fight for it.

"We've very much changed our strategy to focus on public safety measures that will save the most lives," Shannon Watts, the founder of Mr. Bloomberg's Moms Demand Action, told ProPublica.
Instead, CAP makes an argument for six policy prescriptions that are equally unlikely to receive a hearing in a Congress with zero appetite for any gun restrictions: implement background checks for all gun sales, force dealers to report to the federal government multiple sales of long guns, expand the prohibition on interstate handgun sales to include shotguns and rifles, forbid the use or possession of machine guns by people younger than 16, and require licenses and permits to possess an assault rifle or manufacture guns using 3D printers...."

and that was quoted in the NY times, here: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/sunday-review/the-assault-weapon-myth.html?_r=0

Last Edited:
KOMO Town Hall debate clearly went well for rights advocates

Friday night's live streaming of the KOMO Town Hall gathering on rival Initiatives 591 and 594 clearly went well for gun rights advocates who may have gotten bored by the repeated deferral on the meaning of the 18-page gun control measure to a man who was not there: King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg.

<broken link removed>

Phil Watson seemed a little out of his comfort zone on this. SAF might consider finding someone else to represent them if another town hall comes around. I was impressed however when he called out Ralph and WACF about Bloomberg. Ralph as to be expected countered with the NRA to which Phil responded, "I don't work for the NRA."

Phil Watson seemed a little out of his comfort zone on this. SAF might consider finding someone else to represent them if another town hall comes around. I was impressed however when he called out Ralph and WACF about Bloomberg. Ralph as to be expected countered with the NRA to which Phil responded, "I don't work for the NRA."

Phil did okay. Both Phils did okay.

Here's a little something for the Ralph fans: :rolleyes:

'Forty-percenters' get drubbing, again, this time in Nevada

Fresh on the heels of Washington CeaseFire's Ralph Fascitelli twice using a discredited statistic about the number of gun transactions that occur without a background check in this country last Friday night, Saturday's Reno Gazette-Journal – discussing an initiative effort in that state to create a so-called "universal background check" – also hammered down on the suspicious anti-gun myth.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads