JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would agree that bike is a 250:D I have been in a few cars that were fast but they could not keep up with a 1000.

I had a friend with a old road runner and it could light the tired up at 80 mph and well his brothers 100 could smoke it. I hit 150 on that bike on 500 in the early 90s...... yes I am old....

Lol. Guy in the car had more balls. Bike probably could have taken him.

I can't tell if it's a 250, but after all that throttle and time the speedo looks like 87ish mph?
My experience with the CBR600 and VFR800 makes me think it should be more like 120/130mph in that amount of time.

If that was a real "Crotch Rocket"......

I would agree that bike is a 250:D I have been in a few cars that were fast but they could not keep up with a 1000.

I had a friend with a old road runner and it could light the tired up at 80 mph and well his brothers 100 could smoke it. I hit 150 on that bike on 500 in the early 90s...... yes I am old....

Who's old enough to remember when Kawasaki came up with their trio of triples? 350cc, 500cc and 750cc bikes.
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kawasaki/kawasaki_s2_350 73.htm

My close friend bought one when we were just out of high school in 1973. The engine, on the 350 at least, had no reed valves, which gave it a very short, peaky power band. THAT bike was a crotch rocket! Would have been a different story in that video had the rider been on a real "Crotch Rocket"

Many years ago the wife and I did a very similar thing but I was driving a 68 Cadillac Coup de Ville. At the stop light, the bike is next to me revving his engine. I'm in the Caddy with my wife and brother and have a new in the box lawn mower in the back seat. The light turns green, we both take off and the Caddy absolutely smokes the bike. I'm a long time biker and could easily see that the guy was on a Kawasaki 750 triple. He just couldn't get enough traction to catch up. That Caddy with three of us, a lawnmower and a bunch of tools in the trunk was like a rocket in comparison.

Here's a good one....skip to about 6:00 in to watch a heavily modified Porsche show a fast crotch rocket its rear end at about 200 mph in the half mile:

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

If that was a real "Crotch Rocket"......

Who's old enough to remember when Kawasaki came up with their trio of triples? 350cc, 500cc and 750cc bikes.
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kawasaki/kawasaki_s2_350 73.htm

My close friend bought one when we were just out of high school in 1973. The engine, on the 350 at least, had no reed valves, which gave it a very short, peaky power band. THAT bike was a crotch rocket! Would have been a different story in that video had the rider been on a real "Crotch Rocket"

Uhh, my first bike was a new 305 Honda Dream in 1963 or so, the 2nd was a BMW R-60. So, yes I do remember them.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member
Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Watch this German girl kick butt with a transit van around the Nurbergring Ring.
She passes up Porches and crotch rockets.
This my kind of girl.

Last Edited:
Never watched the ole Kawasakis in the 70s huh?
Today's Busa or z14?

Ok, so just to have fun with it, these are my thoughts:

Those two bikes you listed (not sure about the '70's but I know today's bikes smoke them by a lot) only pull sub 10 sec 1/4 miles with very good drivers and some kind of extended rear wheel frame adjustments to keep those from flipping over on top of you. (I've done a lot of drag racing on both 2 and 4 wheeled vehicles so I may not be an expert but I do have a clue what it takes to make either fast)

Also, the the car just by default of that stop sign got a jump off the line if you want to look at it that way and that's tough to come back from.

Those older awesome beasts of metal are generally geared pretty low and have an advantage from 0-100. After that most bikes (750cc+) will have the advantage from 100-175+ (200+ with your bikes).

Again, regardless of what kind or size the bike was, that guy didn't have a clue how to open it up and tap into whatever power was there.

Not that any of it matters but it's a fun thread.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top