JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
went to drrc as a guest today, shot my hunting rifle at a 6 inch target from 300 yds. actually doing pretty well. buddy says lets back up to 500 yds, ok. took 5 shots and got 5 hits on the target. now i know this [group] isnt going to set the match shooting sports on its ear, but i was pretty happy with it. .270 wsm, factory winchester ammo, leupold 3x9x40 scope. no trick nothing, just okie elevation and a prayer. i figured i would be lucky to hit the target once let alone all 5 shots.

i used to drive down from Seattle to Eatonville (shadow of Mt Rainier) where they had a
600+ yr range for us 50 BMG guys. we would chip in and the best score took home the
pot. this also gave one of the participants time to hone his skill. a year or two later, i
read that he set a world record for the 1000 yrd with 50bmg by lobbing a 1.95" 5 shot
group....which, as far as I know, still stands. i learned a lot during that time. long
distance shooting really tests the zen of the sport.

That is a target to keep and be proud of. Knowing that you can trust not only your rifle, but your ability is a great and satisfying thing. 500 yards is a long way. I have rifles that I know are completely within my ability to kill man or beast at 300 yards. I haven't taken a 500 yard shot in years. Well done. Kip

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top