JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
went to drrc as a guest today, shot my hunting rifle at a 6 inch target from 300 yds. actually doing pretty well. buddy says lets back up to 500 yds, ok. took 5 shots and got 5 hits on the target. now i know this [group] isnt going to set the match shooting sports on its ear, but i was pretty happy with it. .270 wsm, factory winchester ammo, leupold 3x9x40 scope. no trick nothing, just okie elevation and a prayer. i figured i would be lucky to hit the target once let alone all 5 shots.

i used to drive down from Seattle to Eatonville (shadow of Mt Rainier) where they had a
600+ yr range for us 50 BMG guys. we would chip in and the best score took home the
pot. this also gave one of the participants time to hone his skill. a year or two later, i
read that he set a world record for the 1000 yrd with 50bmg by lobbing a 1.95" 5 shot
group....which, as far as I know, still stands. i learned a lot during that time. long
distance shooting really tests the zen of the sport.

That is a target to keep and be proud of. Knowing that you can trust not only your rifle, but your ability is a great and satisfying thing. 500 yards is a long way. I have rifles that I know are completely within my ability to kill man or beast at 300 yards. I haven't taken a 500 yard shot in years. Well done. Kip

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top