JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't really get this bully thing. I got picked on a few time as a kid and learned how to scrap pretty young. As sophomore in high school, this senior sitting behind me hit me in the back of the head with his class ring on his hand. He was not expecting my reaction when I snapped, stood up turned around, pinned him back in his little wrap around desk and mashed that son of a bi*ch in the face about 7 or 8 times.

Bloodied his nose, and of course got kicked out of school for three days for fighting. My old man said I guess he had it coming and had me work on the farm for three day making money. When one of my boys mashed a kid in the nose after the kid keep picking on him and then threw food in his face, we had to go see the school resource officer and discuss why he hit the kid. My son said I told him to leave me alone and he then threw food in my face so I hit him. I was fine with that, he got suspended for 3 days, had to go to juvenile counseling and all that sh*t. So I took him to work for 3 days with me and the kid turned out just fine.

People only f with you as much as you let them.

I don't really get this bully thing. I got picked on a few time as a kid and learned how to scrap pretty young. As sophomore in high school, this senior sitting behind me hit me in the back of the head with his class ring on his hand. He was not expecting my reaction when I snapped, stood up turned around, pinned him back in his little wrap around desk and mashed that son of a bi*ch in the face about 7 or 8 times.

Bloodied his nose, and of course got kicked out of school for three days for fighting. My old man said I guess he had it coming and had me work on the farm for three day making money. When one of my boys mashed a kid in the nose after the kid keep picking on him and then threw food in his face, we had to go see the school resource officer and discuss why he hit the kid. My son said I told him to leave me alone and he then threw food in my face so I hit him. I was fine with that, he got suspended for 3 days, had to go to juvenile counseling and all that sh*t. So I took him to work for 3 days with me and the kid turned out just fine.

I'm with you.

However, with the social media sites kids can now be bullied 24/7 and not just for the 6-8 hours a day we had to deal with some ahole. Lots of kids have committed suicide after constant texts, instant messages and total outcasting via other kids Facebook feeds.

I don't like it but I think parents do have to get ahead of this stuff or risk some rather large councling bills or much worse.

Wish it was like it was but kids are growing up faster and with less supervision then 20-40 years ago.

Lots of kids have committed suicide after constant texts, instant messages and total outcasting via other kids Facebook feeds.
Kids shouldn't have these things. One it keeps them safe. Two, they should be out doing yard work. Three, it takes the problem away. Four, I'd find out who the bullies parents are and make the bully do yard work too.

If we only know how many kids committed suicide all around us. You usually never hear of it.

I agree with keeping kids off social media or at least heavily monitoring it which is harder and harder to do.

Ya, I don't do victim very well either. ;)

If we only know how many kids committed suicide all around us. You usually never hear of it.

I agree with keeping kids off social media or at least heavily monitoring it which is harder and harder to do.

My wife made my kid friend her when she got to the age of having a FB account so she can see what's generally going on (she's much older now but things havnt changed).

We heard about a lot of kids offing themselves thru friends of friends and such from FB and my wife has had a conversation with our daughter about all of them asking if she knew them or of them etc.

It pays to keep a good line of communication with your kids about the world around them imo.

Course I only hear 1/10th of what my wife hears and sees.

I'm grateful that we didn't have to deal with social networking when I was growing up. Even as adults the female drama it creates makes me wish it hadn't happened, even though it is nice to see where many of the kids I grew up with wound up as well as their families.

Course I only hear 1/10th of what my wife hears and sees.
One day you will be glad. I'm glad I had a boy.
1466780335439.jpg

Back in my day, nobody messed with me. I was always stocky and started wrestling in 3rd grade. I never stood toe to toe. I was to the ground quickly and then i started the pounding.

I feel home schooling is going to get more popular.

That's just my thoughts. If mom or dad can stay at home to do it.

@SparksFly Got picked on a lot until he was in 7th grade because of his red hair and freckles. He got tired of it which really says something as his patience could last forever and started working out his upper arms. Now he is going to be a sophomore in high school and is comfortable benching 200. Here is him after not working out for the whole summer with a dogshark he caught on a failed flatfish run. Rocking the Demolition Ranch Tshirt. Always shows his love for guns and shooting no matter what. Even wore his NWFA a few times to school!

IMG_0743.JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top