JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
can you shoot 5,56 ammo,non NATO, ammo in a savage 100 .223? without failure? problems? gun failure? the rifle has only been shoot twice with only about 200 rounds through it. thanks. GEE KNOW BODY KNOWS. THATS FUNNY

I have shot a tone of .556 nato though my savage. No harm, no foul, but I have read that it is not recommended. I think that this is more an issue for reloading, as the throat on the .556 is differnt than a rifle chambered for .223, and the brass is thicker, causing higher pressure. It is not recommended, but I have not had any issue using factory ammo in my savage. I dont reload .556 marked brass, however.

can you shoot 5,56 ammo,non NATO, ammo in a savage 100 .223? without failure? problems? gun failure? the rifle has only been shoot twice with only about 200 rounds through it. thanks. GEE KNOW BODY KNOWS. THATS FUNNY

the September 2010 issue of "Guns Magazine" and turn to page 28 and 29. Then read them and you'll see why it's not a good idea. Be sure and look closely at the image on page 29 and see the leade difference (it's more than .150"), plus the chamber pressures can go too high using a 5.56 NATO in a .223.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC Member
ACSWW Member

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show