JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a couple of boxes of UMC green box .45 ACP 230 grain at Dick's Sporting Goods at Washington Square a while ago. They had more .45 than I have seen in the last 6 months. It cost $18.98 a box which is cheaper than the 2 boxes I was lucky enough to get at Bi-Mart last week for $23.97 each.

Dick's also had the yellow box .45 UMC 250 pack for $119, which is wayyyyy expensive. I am curious why the bulk pack is more expensive that buying 5 regular boxes.........

They had plenty of other calibers available. Lots of .223 including JHP, 40 S&W, 9mm, .38 special and about any other pistol/rifle caliber you could want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

I don't know, but I saw the same thing at bi-mart about the bulk UMC costing more for the same round count than the smaller count UMC of .223 even without sale prices.
The cost of the 200 count was $90
200 rounds from the 20 count came up to $80
Buying in bulk costs more now? Go figure. Now if Costco sold ammo I'd be really happy. :)

The new Dicks at Delta Park had a BUNCH of the green boxes locked up behind the counter when I was there Sun (Grand opening day). Didn't pay much attention to the prices other than to check the other stuff. They're quite proud of their merchandise I see. I'll probably buy from them when I can't get it anywhere else.

The 9mm ammo was that way too when I was in there a few days ago. I thought it was quite odd, got 5, 50rd boxes and saved some $.

when it was ordered or purchased. Prices were (and still are) all over the place. A few days one way or the other could make a big difference in what it sells for, kind of like gas.

Dicks = Overpriced, Less Selection.. I'll pass on Dicks.. Good news is, the originally founders of G.I. Joes is planning a great comeback and they are talking about opening a store modelled after their original store they opened years back. This means a better selection of guns, ammo, hunting, hiking and camping gear. I cannot wait until they come back. I utterly hate Dick's!

Dicks = Overpriced, Less Selection.. I'll pass on Dicks.. Good news is, the originally founders of G.I. Joes is planning a great comeback and they are talking about opening a store modelled after their original store they opened years back. This means a better selection of guns, ammo, hunting, hiking and camping gear. I cannot wait until they come back. I utterly hate Dick's!

REALLY?! I'll be keeping my eyes out for that!

There was a pretty interesting article in last Sunday's Oregonian about GI Joe's opening back up.

It will be interesting to see if they have the buying power as a new startup (even if they are an old name) to compete price wise with Dick's, Fisherman's, Wally World, and BiMart.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top