JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a couple of boxes of UMC green box .45 ACP 230 grain at Dick's Sporting Goods at Washington Square a while ago. They had more .45 than I have seen in the last 6 months. It cost $18.98 a box which is cheaper than the 2 boxes I was lucky enough to get at Bi-Mart last week for $23.97 each.

Dick's also had the yellow box .45 UMC 250 pack for $119, which is wayyyyy expensive. I am curious why the bulk pack is more expensive that buying 5 regular boxes.........

They had plenty of other calibers available. Lots of .223 including JHP, 40 S&W, 9mm, .38 special and about any other pistol/rifle caliber you could want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

I don't know, but I saw the same thing at bi-mart about the bulk UMC costing more for the same round count than the smaller count UMC of .223 even without sale prices.
The cost of the 200 count was $90
200 rounds from the 20 count came up to $80
Buying in bulk costs more now? Go figure. Now if Costco sold ammo I'd be really happy. :)

The new Dicks at Delta Park had a BUNCH of the green boxes locked up behind the counter when I was there Sun (Grand opening day). Didn't pay much attention to the prices other than to check the other stuff. They're quite proud of their merchandise I see. I'll probably buy from them when I can't get it anywhere else.

The 9mm ammo was that way too when I was in there a few days ago. I thought it was quite odd, got 5, 50rd boxes and saved some $.

when it was ordered or purchased. Prices were (and still are) all over the place. A few days one way or the other could make a big difference in what it sells for, kind of like gas.

Dicks = Overpriced, Less Selection.. I'll pass on Dicks.. Good news is, the originally founders of G.I. Joes is planning a great comeback and they are talking about opening a store modelled after their original store they opened years back. This means a better selection of guns, ammo, hunting, hiking and camping gear. I cannot wait until they come back. I utterly hate Dick's!

Dicks = Overpriced, Less Selection.. I'll pass on Dicks.. Good news is, the originally founders of G.I. Joes is planning a great comeback and they are talking about opening a store modelled after their original store they opened years back. This means a better selection of guns, ammo, hunting, hiking and camping gear. I cannot wait until they come back. I utterly hate Dick's!

REALLY?! I'll be keeping my eyes out for that!

There was a pretty interesting article in last Sunday's Oregonian about GI Joe's opening back up.

It will be interesting to see if they have the buying power as a new startup (even if they are an old name) to compete price wise with Dick's, Fisherman's, Wally World, and BiMart.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top