JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"It's a good thing they didn't outlaw paper printers when they first hit the market due to fears of people printing false currency."
-David

I love yahoo news. Most of the time I just scroll down to the comments for **** and giggles.

"It's a good thing they didn't outlaw paper printers when they first hit the market due to fears of people printing false currency."
-David

I love yahoo news. Most of the time I just scroll down to the comments for **** and giggles.

True, if I'm having a bad day at work reading the comments makes me feel smart again. :)

I read the original article in CNET its fascinating, looked at the write up the one person did with plan for an AR lower, all I know is I'm looking forward to cost effective 3D printers and this will be one of my first projects. Maybe we should do a group buy and share a printer? People can take turns printing parts for their personal use?

Also really not printing a gun, just parts. I think the article attempted, although lightly, to make the point that you need more know how than just printing a gun.

There is a new franchise called TechShop Inc. that is basically a machine shop with a membership many have 3d printers, I want one in Portland.

Any one have experience with 3d printers or building a cnc machine? I would .ike to ta,e on the project and see what parts I could make for fun of course.

Saw the article. You can make a 3d printer for abour $500. I'm lacking some experience to pull it off. I also see some set ups that can switch between a small CNC and a 3d printer. I've downloaded the files for an
AR-15 lower print. I would rather like to lear to cnc it. I understand its a more expensive way to go. However, it would be great to make one with a % of parts made by me.

TOTALLY different concept!

CNC REMOVES material from a solid piece to make a part. 3D-Printer ADDS material to make a solid part.

The results are the same though.
Actually, the CNC is far superior for this application because it can make parts out of almost any material. The printer can only do it from a low-grade polymer. Which one would you rather build your bbl on?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top