JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am wondering if there any 3D printers out there that could print this percussion cap maker and how much it would cost. https://cults3d.com/:927898
I'm about 50 miles or so east of you (White Salmon) but can print these just fine, no charge. I got myself a printer for Christmas and have been having a great time with it. Just printed a 1911 bushing wrench this morning which works great. I have white, black, silver, green and blue filament. Any preferences?

Also, do you have a source for the 4mm OD 27mm length center pin?

Last Edited:
This is cool! How would you make the stuff that goes bang after you have the "cap" part. Jim I'd love to see some things you've done on the printer! It's something im thinking of getting.

I'll check into that. I didn't look at the material needed. Does it get printed into the part or added after it is printed. Does it specify carbon or stainless steel?

This is cool! How would you make the stuff that goes bang after you have the "cap" part. Jim I'd love to see some things you've done on the printer! It's something im thinking of getting.
There are several youtube videos showing different priming compound methods. Some simple and some complicated. There is a company that sells a kit that has enough chemicals to make 1000+ primers. https://22lrreloader.com/products/prime-all-repriming-compound

For what it's worth - a 16d (16 penny) is 4.11mm (0.162 inches) in diameter - 4.52 thousanths of an inch larger than 4mm. And 3.5" long, plenty to supply at least two 27mm lengths. Cutting off the nail head, chucking it in a drill and applying fine sandpaper should smooth it and help remove the 0.00226" to get it to precisely 4mm, if that's a concern. Also makes beveling the edge at the end easy. And you can't beat the price!

Nothing else gun related yet. Just various figurines and such to amuse my wife and daughter. I'm looking into various existing designs appropriate for this field as well as ham radio, engineering and more. Amazing what's already out there!

Nothing else gun related yet. Just various figurines and such to amuse my wife and daughter. I'm looking into various existing designs appropriate for this field as well as ham radio, engineering and more. Amazing what's already out there!
I'd kill for an mlok mag holder for cz457 mags and extended a bit towards the action from the first slot on an MDT chassis.

You know, if ever you want to make one :D

I am wondering if there any 3D printers out there that could print this percussion cap maker and how much it would cost. https://cults3d.com/:927898
Just order one

and the primer material too.

How would you make the stuff that goes bang after you have the "cap" part.
Buwhawhawhawha!!! That's a d-e-e-p rabbit hole, grasshopper. A pyromaniac's wet dream.

Here's some links to get you started.

Just order one

and the primer material too.
Don't want to spend $50 for the stamping die for a rifle I might shoot every 10 years is why. Maybe in the next ten years I will be able to buy a tin of 100 that will cover my black powder shooting needs if they ever produce them again. The 3D printed option is a cost effective way to try it out.

Don't want to spend $50 for the stamping die for a rifle I might shoot every 10 years is why. Maybe in the next ten years I will be able to buy a tin of 100 that will cover my black powder shooting needs if they ever produce them again. The 3D printed option is a cost effective way to try it out.
My SIL is big into the printing thing and has done a few things for me - BUT while it may only be penny's in material, setup and labor to make sure it prints right take some time (even for an engineer) so imho $50 to have it shipped to your door is about the same as it would cost you to have it printed unless someone is donating their time because of interest or whatnot.

Or if you only shoot it once a decade just buy the caps and call it done for life.

My SIL is big into the printing thing and has done a few things for me - BUT while it may only be penny's in material, setup and labor to make sure it prints right take some time (even for an engineer) so imho $50 to have it shipped to your door is about the same as it would cost you to have it printed unless someone is donating their time because of interest or whatnot.

Or if you only shoot it once a decade just buy the caps and call it done for life.
Do you have a leads on percussion caps? They haven't been readily available for at least 3 years. Looking for them online takes me to threads well over 3 years back talking about the scarcity of them. My son has a printer but it is all packed up for his move back to the states from where he has been stationed in the UK. It will be awhile for that to be unpacked. Another friend friend offered but is in Mexico while his wife gets plastic surgery ( YIKES )!!!. He won't be available anytime soon. I had one guy locally ( sort of ) offer to do it because he enjoys it and it gives him time to learn and utilize his printer.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR