JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"So is hosting files for printing a gun protected under the 1st Amendment? Not if there's national security at stake, ruled the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals. . . ."

Popular Science:
3D-Printed Gun Files Aren't Free Speech, Court Rules

"As part of the broader aim of a gun that exists outside government control, Defense Distributed made the plans for the gun available online. That's when they ran into trouble with the State Department, which told Defense Distributed to take down the gun plans."

Yes, STATE DEPARTMENT, not bATFe.

15-50759-Documents

YouTube video guy makes useable guns out of scraps - all the way up to a .50bmg.

Any idiot with an internet connection and half a brain with tools could replicate...

So is hosting files for printing a gun protected under the 1st Amendment? Not if there's national security at stake, ruled the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals

If you're going to trample the 2nd Amendment, why continue to have any scruples about observing the 1st? Makes sense to me... :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I didn't notice any "national security" exception in the 1st Amendment. I'll have to re-read it...

These idjuts think they can stop the manufacture of firearms. :)

Welcome back to the Wonderful World of ITAR, folks...

To which I say, genie's out of the bottle already anyway, host on Mega or some other overseas server that regularly tells USG to go asphyxiate while auto-fellating.

I get it. It's the principle of the idea but sometimes we worry too much. Remember in several cases, the fathers of the Underwear and latest NY bombers had gone to the authorizes and told them their son's were a danger. The police said don't worry and we know the results.

So either these actions were purposely allowed to happen or the agencies are run so bad even with the parents saying, come get my boy, they still were unable to prevent the inevitable. I don't get how having designs for a legal object could be illegal. Oh, maybe it's that knowledge thing. The poison apple.

There are two kinds of people who trumpet "National Security Uber Alles."

Type 1: The True Believer. Will sacrifice anything including own family because he just doesn't understand that when you sacrifice too much you no longer HAVE a nation to secure in the first place. Textbook example, Jack Bauer.

Type 2: The Psychopath. To this one, National Security is a pretext, an excuse to commit the atrocities they secretly yearn to anyway. This type would gladly reopen Auschwitz and herd us all into the showers if they thought they could get away with it under NS pretext.

Generally my bets would favor lazy and incompetence vs a complex plot as in "allowed to happen", etc.

My response to people trying to blame the Bush administration for the 9/11 airplane attacks is this:

Q "How do you know it wasn't the Bush administration behind 9/11?"
A: "Because it worked."

Anyway, on-topic, the export laws designed to prevent dangerous technology being exported probably have the right intent behind them, as in not arming our enemies, but it's pretty silly and ineffective when you see the RPG's 40mm cannons and cases of grenades in the hands of rival militias worldwide.
And we're worrying about a flashlight mount export, for example.

True--I personally believe most NatSec'ers are Type 1, and 9-11/Patriot Act wasn't an inside job but rather the PA was a pre-written "solution waiting for a problem" and 9-11 just happened to be the perfect trigger for it.

Dissenting judge's opinion, basically slamming the majority opinion as political bullbubblegum.
Judge Edith Jones said:
In sum, it is not at all clear that the State Department has any concern for the First Amendment rights of the American public and press. Indeed, the State Department turns freedom of speech on its head by asserting, "The possibility that an Internet site could also be used to distribute the technical data domestically does not alter the analysis…." The Government bears the burden to show that its regulation is narrowly tailored to suit a compelling interest. It is not the public's burden to prove their right to discuss lawful, non-classified, non-restricted technical data.

If Trump wins Judge Nap is gonna get a Supreme Court seat and this guy is awesome !!
And the ITAR NAZI's at State will go away......

Tell me how State Dpt. deny a valid EUC to the mountie's as not Valid
"Cause they might give the weapons to someone else" ????????????
WTF am I paying $2250 a year to these tards for.

Last Edited:
Canada as a nation, extended to its orgs and even individual citizens, is basically blackballed under ITAR/Arms Export Control Act except as otherwise arranged.

Explain to me how it's any more dangerous to let my GF handle an AR than a Ruger Mini-14, or use a PMag rather than a GI metal 30-rounder to feed it, or a Magpul stock rather than a vanilla standard-issue M4 collapsible, and how "export" doesn't even require leaving the country... oh well, one more incentive for her to get a Green Card and let me put a ring on her finger.

Day One item if I'm ever president, give the Defense Department 24 hours hands-off to settle scores with those enemy-enablers at Foggy Bottom in any way they see fit short of nukes. (That's bad blood going back to Day One, back in 1803 when they wanted to leave William Eaton and his Marines to die in the North African desert and just when he kicked the pasha's bubblegum and rammed a treaty down his throat they reneged in the local terrorist's favor.)

I don't think it's Canada that's Blackballed it's the M2HB's according to State.

It was the rightful Bashir of Tripolli that Eaton was fighting for and winning .
+ the unconditional surrender of all Dey's along the Barbary oast and return off all prisoners including Englishmen.

The treaty was a backdoor move by the Sec. of State Madison Who had tried to derail the institution of the rightful Bashir by force all along and any use of military power by Eaton and others to release hostages and stop tribute payment's.

So much for a 400 mile march through the desert for a fight.

Check out Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates a Great book !!!!!!!

Pffft...let's face reality. The 1st Ammendment was written for 18+ year old female college students to dance nekid in dimly lit establishments for the enjoyment of men old enough to be their grandfathers. It's called freedom of expression...see how that works?

Pffft...let's face reality. The 1st Ammendment was written for 18+ year old female college students to dance nekid in dimly lit establishments for the enjoyment of men old enough to be their grandfathers. It's called freedom of expression...see how that works?
So to support the 1st A I have to visit one of these establishments? If that's what I have to do that's what I'll do!

:D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads