JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I've done away with my 380. Bumped it to a Glock 26. I still plan to cargo pant carry. As many here have said 380s tend to kick. Giving up a comfortable shooter for a comfortable carry is one of the biggest problems with micros. If you can afford some of the higher end all steel micros it may be a bit different. However I have decided 380 is no longer a pistol I want to truly carry. I may give the Glock 42 a chance when it comes more available. However I'm done sacrificing comfort for performance. Any here that are on edge about a 380, borrow one. Especially a polymer based model. Get a feel for their kick.

Then think to yourself if it is something your willing to deal with when the rare time comes that you may need it.

Another thing is. Most micros have limited sight options. I wanted the ability to have tritium sights. Most are fixed or molded into the slides on micros.

Just a few thoughts I wanted to add...

I went against the grain, a bit, and chose a Smith and Wesson 642 for my 'pocket gun':

Product: Model 642

I'm lots more comfortable with .38+P, it fits my hands, and I shoot it quite well. In an Uncle Mike's pocket liner, it rides in the front pocket of my pants just fine, no worries.

As they say, one man's opinion.....

Quote,,Then think to yourself if it is something your willing to deal with when the rare time comes that you may need it.

Another thing is. Most micros have limited sight options. I wanted the ability to have tritium sights. Most are fixed or molded into the slides on micros.

Just a few thoughts I wanted to add...[/QUOTE]

Those rare moments. You may want to look at the Thunder, just saying. Good adjustable bright sights, fits into the hand well and very tolerable recoil. This little weapon has many options that others are lacking, yet most cost much more. Ever carry or shoot the Walthers PPK? Very similar, only the Bersa comes with adjustable sights. I'm no sales rep, just own a couple and find them to fit the bill nicely.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews