JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also I have to agree with the Bersa if you are looking for a slim cheaper .380 with a good size grip. If you want all of what you said the Sig or Beretta 85, Glock 42 are your best bets to check out. Otherwise you are right on the range of having to ask why buy a .380 when the size and features you want are so much more available in all the 9mms out there.

I carry a Bersa Thunder 380CC which is much larger that the micro 380s (LCP, P3AT and TCP)
8 + 1 and it can handle +p ammo.
LCP-BersaThunder380CCcomparisonchart-1.jpg

Yep, if you absolutely have to have a place to put your pinky and .380 is your caliber, my choice would be a Bersa or Walther PPK. Of course, once you have decided you pinky needs a home there are larger calibers that fit that bill and are about the same size. My only reason for carrying a .380 is how small it is, but if a gun were available in a larger caliber and the same size? No brainer. Maybe you should look at some Kahr 9mm's. In fact I think you could even get the cw40 that is about the same size as the other .380's an it has the full grip. I think it is actually smaller than the Bersa.

I am saving up for a S&W M&P Shield 9mm. Slow going. No work, so I had to tap into my gun fund to pay bills. The Bersa will have to do for now.

Nothing wrong with that, it is a great gun. Might look at the Kel-tec PF-9, or P-11 though before buying. 9mm's at the same or even cheaper, and smaller too.

Seriously, though. I had a Bersa years ago and have always regretted letting it go. So don't feel like you are getting a crap gun if you go that route. I loved mine, but it wasn't for CCW at the time.

Philly fan. I'll have a PF9 up for sale shortly in the classifieds. Pm me if interested.

I'll bring up the Bersa as well, I have both the thunder and the thunder plus double stack. Both are well made and reliable. There are many features to it that some much more expensive weapons lack. Don't let the price fool you, these are good units. They are also offered in .22, 9mm. .40 and .45

I'll bring up the Bersa as well, I have both the thunder and the thunder plus double stack. Both are well made and reliable. There are many features to it that some much more expensive weapons lack. Don't let the price fool you, these are good units. They are also offered in .22, 9mm. .40 and .45

Bersa has a good reputation on reliability and quality at a low price but I have yet to take the plunge. I want a Thunder Plus as you said you have. Is it the same size as the Thunder aside from obviously a thicker grip to house the double stack mag? I have really been thinking about one as I have a CZ 83, Had a beretta 84, Browning BDA .380 double stack all of which hold 13 rounds and are heavier guns that you can rapid fire with accuracy. How do you feel the Bersa Thunder Plus holds up compared to the likes of those that I have owned or still own?

Well the grip is much thicker. The Bersa did take 300 rounds to "break in" to where I was comfortable carrying it. Now days .380 is impossible to find and is much more expensive than 9mm.

40calruler, the width is slightly thicker, the overall size is pretty much the same. It fits the hand well and I don't exactly have the smallest hands. I practice double taps regularly and it balances well. Full rapid fire drills work well also. I've been confident in them enough to use them both as daily carries. I'll make you a deal, send me a PM the next time you get down to the central coast as your more than welcome to test it out here. We have a couple of ranges on the place that work well.

I've got 40cal's old 232 and love the way it carries and shoots. It's very slim although it is bigger than most 380s.

I've recently picked up a Kahr CW380 for true pocket carry. Its tiny and disappears in a pocket even with a CT laser.

I'm also setting up a toolhead to reload 380. Its very hard to find and ridiculously expensive when you can find it.

One thing about a mouse (or any) gun, it is only as good as your ability to wield it. And small pistols are harder to shoot well than bigger ones.

Nothing wrong with that, it is a great gun. Might look at the Kel-tec PF-9, or P-11 though before buying. 9mm's at the same or even cheaper, and smaller too.

Seriously, though. I had a Bersa years ago and have always regretted letting it go. So don't feel like you are getting a crap gun if you go that route. I loved mine, but it wasn't for CCW at the time.

I carry a PF9 and love it. Super thin and lite, only 17-1/2oz. fully loaded 7+1 in the pipe. I can get a full grip with the pinky mag. floor plate but I carry without. It does have a long D/A only trigger that you have to stage to shoot well, just takes practice. Recoil-YES but my wife can shoot it and she hates recoil. You cant beat the price and is 100% made in the U.S.

I have a Colt Pocket Nine that would make a great carry gun, but being kinda rare (only made for one year) it just sits in the safe.
I haven't even shot the thing to see how it handles. I should sell it and buy that Walther PPK/S I saw the other day.

might take a look at a Colt Mustang pocketlite or MustangII/Government as well

I had one for a week and it is a great reliable gun but not for me. I do not like a pocket gun that functions like a 1911. I would have had to totally retrain myself on pulling and taking the safety off to be efficient with it. I had the Mustang Pocketlite.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top