JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's mine. Not mine. But exact gun.

image.jpeg

I have a Browning BDA which is like a Beretta 84 with a enclosed slide (Made by Beretta, same grip panel fit and all, has a 'spur' hammer rather than a 'Commander' hammer. It is double stack 13+1. Bought new in mid -eighties. NOT a pocket pistol. Love this gun.

I have two Ruger LCP's and much prefer the 'Custom' over the 'standard', both are good.
I have a Kahr CW380 that I like pretty good.
The wife has a Glock 42 and it is good.
My real favorite is a Colt Mustang XSP. Single action, carry 'Cocked and locked' The safety DOES NOT engage the slide. Feels great for a two finger grip. Pretty accurate. Did I say it was my favorite pocket pistol? It is my Favorite.

I also have a S&W Sigma 380, long notchy trigger pull, bigger uglier slide, poorest sights, but it does go bang reliably.

Last Edited:
I have a Browning BDA which is like a Beretta 84 with a enclosed slide (Made by Beretta, same grip panel fit and all, has a 'spur' hammer rather than a 'Commander' hammer. It is double stack 13+1. Bought new in mid -eighties. NOT a pocket pistol. Love this gun.

I have two Ruger LCP's and much prefer the 'Custom' over the 'standard', both are good.
I have a Kahr CW380 that I like pretty good.
The wife has a Glock 42 and it is good.
My real favorite is a Colt Mustang XSP. Single action, carry 'Cocked and locked' The safety DOES NOT engage the slide. Feels great for a two finger grip. Pretty accurate. Did I say it was my favorite pocket pistol? It is my Favorite.

I also have a S&W Sigma 380, long notchy trigger pull, bigger uglier slide, poorest sights, but it does go bang reliably.

Always wanted a BDA, it's very beautiful gun, not a pocket gun... I agree!

Back in the day I had a real SIG P230, not a 'Made in USA' version. In those far-off days ALL SIGS were made in Neuhausen or 'West' Germany. I used 90gr Winchester Silvertips - anybody remember them?- and it never missed a beat over thousands of rounds. It may well still be around, somewhere back in Germany or CH.

tac

I'm no expert, but from what I've been seeing over the last five years, .380 and .40 are pretty much dead. They've been proven over and again to be unreliable and even dangerous.

Too short of a round and almost squarish, they have issues feeding. The back end of the cartridge isn't supported by the breach and they expand a lot more than normal spent rounds. This also leads to a lot more risk in shooting reloaded ammo, as there's a greater chance of cracks. I've personally had a Taurus TCP blow up in my hands from a reloaded .380 cartridge exploding out the back, where it wasn't supported by the barrel.

I'm no expert, but from what I've been seeing over the last five years, .380 and .40 are pretty much dead. They've been proven over and again to be unreliable and even dangerous.

Too short of a round and almost squarish, they have issues feeding. The back end of the cartridge isn't supported by the breach and they expand a lot more than normal spent rounds. This also leads to a lot more risk in shooting reloaded ammo, as there's a greater chance of cracks. I've personally had a Taurus TCP blow up in my hands from a reloaded .380 cartridge exploding out the back, where it wasn't supported by the barrel.

Well first the .380. This is seldom a round people seek out as a best. "Most" who own and or carry one use it as a "well it's better than the better gun I left home" gun. I am a .45 fan boy myself but at times end up with something smaller. Often a .380. I have known a couple people over my lifetime who would always carry a "serious" gun. Very few though. Most who bad mouthed my "mouse guns" often ended up with no gun at times. Any gun beats the option of saying "time out while I run home for the .45 I left at home.
Now the .40. Never been a top choice for me but sales seem quite brisk still, I don't see anyone deciding to stop making them since they are dead. Now the .40 is not as forgiving to the loader as many others are. When I had a Star .40 I used to buy commercial reloads and had a case let go at the range. No damage but it made me stop buying it. When I was rolling some of my own I used to use the brass 2 times and leave it. I do not see either the .380 or the .40 dropping out of the market. Still seems to be a hell of a lot of both being made for the public.

I agree. You're no expert. :p (jk) But seriously, dead? How many rounds of .380 and .40 were sold last year? Isn't it in the millions? Tens of millions?

Back in the day I had a real SIG P230, not a 'Made in USA' version. In those far-off days ALL SIGS were made in Neuhausen or 'West' Germany. I used 90gr Winchester Silvertips - anybody remember them?- and it never missed a beat over thousands of rounds. It may well still be around, somewhere back in Germany or CH.

tac
Ah, memories... Back in the day I also carried .380 Silvertips but in a nickel Browning BDA .380. Actually miss that gun...

1882974F-D79F-40A4-8E1C-71A6014AF949.jpeg

My own Walther PP, an nazi-era Vienna Special Branch police issue PP, was my carry gun whilst over in Norn Iron during the recent 'troubles'. I had its original holster, too. I sold it for $3500 to a collector. Mrs tac collected a lot of money off the base police during Wednesday afternoon on the range sessions with it.

Anyone want to see it? It's nothing special.

tac

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top