JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to the English Pit in Vancouver today because I just couldn't wait to shoot my latest gun. Also did a practice run for a postal league match. It was 32 friggin degrees out. I was the only one on the pistol side for nearly the whole time. I heard one other person on the rifle side. Fired 150 rounds before turning blue and packing it in. I'd consider myself hardcore but, let's face it, mostly I'm just stupid. :confused:

Your fine. I went to LVG golfin yesterday and the greens were froze solid. If you hit em the ball would bounce 30 or so feet and keep going. I did hear guys shootin shot across Vancouver lake. Its froze over and the geese look weird standing up in the middle:D

Went to the English Pit in Vancouver today because I just couldn't wait to shoot my latest gun. Also did a practice run for a postal league match. It was 32 friggin degrees out. I was the only one on the pistol side for nearly the whole time. I heard one other person on the rifle side. Fired 150 rounds before turning blue and packing it in. I'd consider myself hardcore but, let's face it, mostly I'm just stupid. :confused:

If it was 32 here, I'd turn in my big boy pants for short pants.;)

There was tons (nominal) of .45 ACP and other pistol brass under the ice and snow last Monday:confused:. We spent more time around the burn barrel; did some training and still had fun.:D

...but smart enough to realize it!

Cold can be brutal for shooting. Especially with hand-thrown clays since I never shoulder up until I see them fly. Holding a shotgun down somewhere about a foot below port arms, I don't tend to stomp through the brush with a weapon shouldered, and I don't believe birds are under any obligation sit still until someone says "pull."

Sighting up and shooting fast like that with an ice cold 12 gauge pump on a cold windy day can be @#$%ing painful on a bare trigger hand. So I got a pair of those $4 rubber palmed stretchy work gloves at Home Depot a couple years ago and I like 'em a lot. Nice and thin for handling ammo, etc. They reduce my cussing by about 50%, and the backs are cloth to deal with that freezing drippy nose thing.

Last Edited:
Heh, one of my lowest rounds of golf was in sub-32-degree weather. This morning I'm about to head out to a shooting event and it's 33 degrees out. :cool:

Full disclosure, I skipped my walk last night because it was too damn cold. :rolleyes:

I and others will never forget their 1st time shooting a USPSA match.

With mine it was in the 20's and there was 4 to 5 inches of snow on the ground.

Thankfully no low cover shooting, but since it was my 1st match I walked during movement from barricade to barricade. Others did the run, me Heil no!

And I was hooked, so there were plenty of matches shot in the snow. That was the IPSC life in and around the Reno / Carson City area. 32 degs for the high or less and a sunny day was typical.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top