JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to the English Pit in Vancouver today because I just couldn't wait to shoot my latest gun. Also did a practice run for a postal league match. It was 32 friggin degrees out. I was the only one on the pistol side for nearly the whole time. I heard one other person on the rifle side. Fired 150 rounds before turning blue and packing it in. I'd consider myself hardcore but, let's face it, mostly I'm just stupid. :confused:

Your fine. I went to LVG golfin yesterday and the greens were froze solid. If you hit em the ball would bounce 30 or so feet and keep going. I did hear guys shootin shot across Vancouver lake. Its froze over and the geese look weird standing up in the middle:D

Went to the English Pit in Vancouver today because I just couldn't wait to shoot my latest gun. Also did a practice run for a postal league match. It was 32 friggin degrees out. I was the only one on the pistol side for nearly the whole time. I heard one other person on the rifle side. Fired 150 rounds before turning blue and packing it in. I'd consider myself hardcore but, let's face it, mostly I'm just stupid. :confused:

If it was 32 here, I'd turn in my big boy pants for short pants.;)

There was tons (nominal) of .45 ACP and other pistol brass under the ice and snow last Monday:confused:. We spent more time around the burn barrel; did some training and still had fun.:D

...but smart enough to realize it!

Cold can be brutal for shooting. Especially with hand-thrown clays since I never shoulder up until I see them fly. Holding a shotgun down somewhere about a foot below port arms, I don't tend to stomp through the brush with a weapon shouldered, and I don't believe birds are under any obligation sit still until someone says "pull."

Sighting up and shooting fast like that with an ice cold 12 gauge pump on a cold windy day can be @#$%ing painful on a bare trigger hand. So I got a pair of those $4 rubber palmed stretchy work gloves at Home Depot a couple years ago and I like 'em a lot. Nice and thin for handling ammo, etc. They reduce my cussing by about 50%, and the backs are cloth to deal with that freezing drippy nose thing.

Last Edited:
Heh, one of my lowest rounds of golf was in sub-32-degree weather. This morning I'm about to head out to a shooting event and it's 33 degrees out. :cool:

Full disclosure, I skipped my walk last night because it was too damn cold. :rolleyes:

I and others will never forget their 1st time shooting a USPSA match.

With mine it was in the 20's and there was 4 to 5 inches of snow on the ground.

Thankfully no low cover shooting, but since it was my 1st match I walked during movement from barricade to barricade. Others did the run, me Heil no!

And I was hooked, so there were plenty of matches shot in the snow. That was the IPSC life in and around the Reno / Carson City area. 32 degs for the high or less and a sunny day was typical.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top