JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
300blk.jpg

One of the biggest benefits of this cartridge is being able to choose between a light, fast and loud load or a heavy, slower and quiet load by a simple switch of the mag.

As a side note, the 220SMK load in the configuration above is almost as quite as our MP5SD.

Here is some additional interesting reading on the subject: Ammunition Review: .300 AAC Blackout | The Truth About Guns

so i have a question....if in 5.56 you would want a 1:7-1:8twist for 75-77gr bullets when a 55gr is suitable for 1:9twist....
this is pretty close in weight really 20points.....but a 300 blackout is 115gr standard and jumps way up to a 220gr bullet
how would you select a barrel twist rate to cover that wide range?what are the options in 300blk barrels?
also,who are making the best 300blk uppers?

55 grain in 223 is most optimal with a 1:12 twist, not 1:9. But, you can shoot 55 in 1:7 no problem.

I work for AAC. We started with 1/8 twist but are moving to 1/7 twist. It works well with all bullet weights from 110 to 220.

55 grain in 223 is most optimal with a 1:12 twist, not 1:9. But, you can shoot 55 in 1:7 no problem.

I work for AAC. We started with 1/8 twist but are moving to 1/7 twist. It works well with all bullet weights from 110 to 220.

is aac a local company?and if you work for them does that mean all your good buddies at nwfa get the rsilvers discount?:)

Call Kevin at Ole's gunshop . He has built many barrels and uppers for myself and my buddies. He does great work at a good price. his pistol barrels for a blackout start at $200 , He can build what ever configuration you want! He is a compition shooter so he know what kind of accuracy we expect.

I got a few Speer 130gr HP from Bi-mart on sale. Just completed pressure tests. Can push them to 2150fps with 19.0gr of H110 with CCI450 primers on a 16" CMMG bbl and a 30 cal suppressor. At 19.5gr I started getting flat primers.

Per Quick Target, if I zero at 170yd, I'd get 2.4" up at 100yd and 2.8" down at 200yd, with 1560fps and 700ft-lb left, which is ok for combat operations, and fine for pliking. And this is not the most aerodynamic option you can use. I got them because they were darn cheap and good enough for plinking. I admit this under-performs 7.62x39, but with the right bullet, it will match and beat 7.62x39 beyond 150yd. That's the beauty of 300 AAC BLK: there are soooo many bullets to choose form.

You will find performance is just a tad higher than 357Magnum. Even though I do not hunt, I know countless of white tail have succumbed to 357 Mag lever action rifles from short ranges. I do not see why you cannot hunt WT with 300 AAC Blackout.

And, on the same rig, I am putting the last finishing touches to a very quiet subsonic load based on a Hornady 225gr match bullet.

I never thought I'd ever be able to reliably shoot full power and subsonic ammo on the same semi-auto platform, with and w/o a can. That's what you get with 300 AAC Blackout.

Subs w/o can won't work reliably on most bbls. But who bothers with subs w/o a can? I don't.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top