JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
300blk.jpg

One of the biggest benefits of this cartridge is being able to choose between a light, fast and loud load or a heavy, slower and quiet load by a simple switch of the mag.

As a side note, the 220SMK load in the configuration above is almost as quite as our MP5SD.

Here is some additional interesting reading on the subject: Ammunition Review: .300 AAC Blackout | The Truth About Guns

so i have a question....if in 5.56 you would want a 1:7-1:8twist for 75-77gr bullets when a 55gr is suitable for 1:9twist....
this is pretty close in weight really 20points.....but a 300 blackout is 115gr standard and jumps way up to a 220gr bullet
how would you select a barrel twist rate to cover that wide range?what are the options in 300blk barrels?
also,who are making the best 300blk uppers?

55 grain in 223 is most optimal with a 1:12 twist, not 1:9. But, you can shoot 55 in 1:7 no problem.

I work for AAC. We started with 1/8 twist but are moving to 1/7 twist. It works well with all bullet weights from 110 to 220.

55 grain in 223 is most optimal with a 1:12 twist, not 1:9. But, you can shoot 55 in 1:7 no problem.

I work for AAC. We started with 1/8 twist but are moving to 1/7 twist. It works well with all bullet weights from 110 to 220.

is aac a local company?and if you work for them does that mean all your good buddies at nwfa get the rsilvers discount?:)

Call Kevin at Ole's gunshop . He has built many barrels and uppers for myself and my buddies. He does great work at a good price. his pistol barrels for a blackout start at $200 , He can build what ever configuration you want! He is a compition shooter so he know what kind of accuracy we expect.

I got a few Speer 130gr HP from Bi-mart on sale. Just completed pressure tests. Can push them to 2150fps with 19.0gr of H110 with CCI450 primers on a 16" CMMG bbl and a 30 cal suppressor. At 19.5gr I started getting flat primers.

Per Quick Target, if I zero at 170yd, I'd get 2.4" up at 100yd and 2.8" down at 200yd, with 1560fps and 700ft-lb left, which is ok for combat operations, and fine for pliking. And this is not the most aerodynamic option you can use. I got them because they were darn cheap and good enough for plinking. I admit this under-performs 7.62x39, but with the right bullet, it will match and beat 7.62x39 beyond 150yd. That's the beauty of 300 AAC BLK: there are soooo many bullets to choose form.

You will find performance is just a tad higher than 357Magnum. Even though I do not hunt, I know countless of white tail have succumbed to 357 Mag lever action rifles from short ranges. I do not see why you cannot hunt WT with 300 AAC Blackout.

And, on the same rig, I am putting the last finishing touches to a very quiet subsonic load based on a Hornady 225gr match bullet.

I never thought I'd ever be able to reliably shoot full power and subsonic ammo on the same semi-auto platform, with and w/o a can. That's what you get with 300 AAC Blackout.

Subs w/o can won't work reliably on most bbls. But who bothers with subs w/o a can? I don't.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top