JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
some forums are saying the 300aac blackout is already on it's way out before it even really took off.

what is your take on the 300 blackout round,it is a very big bullet for such a small case
and looks like it wouldn't have enough charge to push it very far,aac says it has less powder than a 5.56 round but the ballistics sound pretty good.

I wanted to build a new rifle since i sold my ar10 and i have 2 ar15's already.
The ar10 is too heavy and so is the ammo so what good calibers will fit on an ar15 lower that are bigger than a 5.56?or is 300 blackout the round to have?

I'm intrigued by it. You can run subsonic or supersonic from the same setup without having to retune anything and everything on the gun is the same as an AR-15 except the barrel. 5.56 is still loud running suppressed and I like quiet guns so I'm willing to give it a try.

The main reason to have a 300 BLK is to shoot it suppressed with heavy bullets. It basically is the same performance as a 7.62x39 when shooting the 125 grain OTM bullets, wich is nothing to sneeze at either. I currently have a bolt gun in it and have had uppers for my AR as well. I am happy with the round, but mostly shoot suppressed and sub-sonic ammo.

true abiqua,even more loud is an 5.56 out of a piston driven ar.

i have been reading alot of different posts on other forums about 300blk,6.5 and 6.8 and most agree with you handsolo the grendel.

i am also seeing that there are certain barrel lengths that are optimum for these three and they are the short barrels which i dont want to deal with the stamp.i kinda like longer barrels anyhow 18" or 20"

mostly i want it to be an upper i can swap with my ar15 lower and be good to go.i want more punch without stepping up to .308
anyone know if 300 blackout uses the 5.56 magazine or do you need a 300blk magazine?

All you need is a new barrel and ammo to try it out. BCG and mags remain same as 5.56 - that's the genius of it. DSA has 300 BLK uppers for $320. I think it will be around at least as long at the 6.5 Grendel and the 6.8 SPC due to it's simple conversion from 5.56. Oh, and commercial ammo is cheaper than 6.5 and 6.8.

The main reason to have a 300 BLK is to shoot it suppressed with heavy bullets. It basically is the same performance as a 7.62x39 when shooting the 125 grain OTM bullets, wich is nothing to sneeze at either. I currently have a bolt gun in it and have had uppers for my AR as well. I am happy with the round, but mostly shoot suppressed and sub-sonic ammo.

that make sense that it is more of a supressed round,due to the subsonic choices it seems more fit to be supressed.
I wont probably be getting a supressor anytime soon either unless our liberal goverment realizes that supressors are not only for hitmen in hollywood movies and not a threat to their control the masses lifestyle.
so 300 blackout onlly needs a barrels change and how about magazine?
and 6.5 and 6.8 are pretty well suited for an ar15 lower without causing damage over time?

If you're shooting under 200 yards and like suppressors it's a no brainer. I'm building my first right now.
SAAMI approval one year ago has opened the floodgates and SHOT will be filled with offerings next week. I think it has a bright future indeed.

my last post was before i seen the upper three responses,sorry for asking the same questions you guys just answered.

so basically it's not a good round non supressed?and i do expect any round to reach out more than 200 yards,i guess thats why most people running this round are also running a 9"barrel because long range is out of the question.

Same magazine, it's basically cut down 5.56 brass. And it's not a big deal to get a suppressor, the wait is the hardest part.

and the $800+ for te supressor and the extra weight just dont seem worth it.
my pof is supressor ready so it seems a waste to not use one but i just dont see the benifits to going supressed,what are the pros other than a little noise reduction?

You can run a 9mm suppressor on a 300BLK (SUBSONIC ONLY) and they don't weigh much. You can also get a decent can for considerably less than $800, even including the stamp. After you run suppressed for a while, you'll find going shooting with your friends with loud guns is downright annoying.

i have never shot a supressed rifle,thats just what i need is something else to spend money on and then i will have to have them for all my guns.do you have to get the stamp for each supressor or just one time?

that sucks,the feds love to make money off us gun guys dont they?
that was a good review of the blackout you posted.
so it sounds like the best bet for the 300aac is short barrel and supressed and they both require stamps and it wont go past 200 yrds so
i think i lost that lovin feeling for the blackout.looks like a sweet sbr setup though.

Suppressed or not, 300BLK gets my vote for close up work period. More energy, more diameter, same mags, same bolt. It's just too simple if you ask me. I've been shooting a whisper for years now, the SAAMI spec just makes it easier if you don't like to hand load. The suppressor just adds that much more fun. Mine sounds like a Benjamin air rifle!

i notice the pof p415 in 5.56 supressed is still pretty loud.i dont have a supressor on mine but on videos they are still too loud to warrent paying for the supressor really unless it makes for better shooting accuracy.
i guess piston guns are just gonna be loud no matter?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top