JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just purchased a rem 700 5-r 300 win mag. I would like to have the barrel threaded for a compensator and supressor. I was told from a gunsmith that the threading is different between the two. I don't understand why this would be... Can you get a compensator in the same threading as a supressor?

I was under the impression that 5/8x24 was pretty standard for .30 cal barrels?

I don't see why this would be any problem. Just look at the specs of the compensators and supressors you like, and see what it says.

Sometimes if a barrel is threaded for a generic muzzle break (.500 and relief .062) it may need to have a few more threads cut for an suppressor.

Most of the time I indicate a barrel within .0002 and thread it 5/8-24. .750 length of thread with a proper thread releif at the end of the thread.
That has worked well for several suppresses and muzzle breaks!

And yes you can get a compensator/muzzle break in the same thread as a suppressor.

Just let me know if I can assist you in your Gunsmithing needs!

Sometimes if a barrel is threaded for a generic muzzle break (.500 and relief .062) it may need to have a few more threads cut for an suppressor.

Most of the time I indicate a barrel within .0002 and thread it 5/8-24. .750 length of thread with a proper thread releif at the end of the thread.
That has worked well for several suppresses and muzzle breaks!

And yes you can get a compensator/muzzle break in the same thread as a suppressor.

Just let me know if I can assist you in your Gunsmithing needs!
Thank you very much! My dream is to eventually have it suppressed, but for now I would like a compensator as to not destroy my shoulder after twenty rounds. If you would be willing to thread my barrel, what kind of a time frame and price would I be looking at?

Thank you very much! My dream is to eventually have it suppressed, but for now I would like a compensator as to not destroy my shoulder after twenty rounds. If you would be willing to thread my barrel, what kind of a time frame and price would I be looking at?
Dude ,as small as you are,maybe a 22lr would be better?
Does your dad know you're on here?

Getting there, just need to reassemble!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR