Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.30 LUGER (7.62X21MM)

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by james83, Nov 17, 2013.

1. james83

james83 beaverton oregon I'am feeling fat and sassy

just wondering if any forum members handload the .30 luger (7.65x21mm) handgun round? 7.65 luger

I cant seem to find any for sale online (that's actually in stock not backordered)

I have a 1920's DWM commercial luger on layaway at a local FFL. I have wanted a luger for a long time and this one seemed to be an ok deal and in decent/ fair condition I didn't get chance to completely strip the pistol but from a basic on the counter strip the numbers match and the bore looks alright. The caliber of the pistol is .30 luger, I don't intend on firing the gun a lot but I would like at least a few rounds to fire threw it and have around so its not just a nice looking paperweight.

Im not set up for handloading but I was just wondering if any forum members load this round and would be willing to sell me some of their handloaded rounds?

If anybody knows of an online source to buy this caliber or any local stores that stock this round please let me know, Im really only looking for a few boxes just so I can fire the pistol a couple of times

-james

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to get a 6" .30 Luger Hi-Power barrel for varmints but never got around to it so I don't have any of that stuff.
    Good luck though.. I'd get on the phone and call around. I'm sure some place has it. If it's old old ammo though it could well be corrosive so be sure to clean it right/properly after shooting.

james83 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Surplus Arms and Ammo Lewiston, WA had a bunch in stock last time I was there, it was new manufacture fiocci. Also, you want to call it ".30 Luger" if you add in the other numbers it tends to get confused with .30 Mauser, which is a different cartridge.

4. james83

Thanks for the replies, still haven't found any .30 luger locally however I did manage to pick up a few boxes off gunbroker
    Some seriously expensive ammunition, Im going to have to seriously consider handloading if I decide to keep this old luger pistol

5. PaulZ

PaulZ Oregon City Active Member

I posted in your WANTED thread. Forgot to mention I have the dies for .30 luger but have not loaded with it yet.

6. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Some dies and a $20-50 press etc. would be quickly defrayed by reloading that caliber.. just watch where that brass goes so you don't lose it all in a few trips!

7. james83

Thank you for the reply, im thinking that handloading is going to be the way to go with this caliber, I have never handloaded anything before but im seriously going to look into it.

I don't think im going to shoot my old luger a whole lot but I plan on shooting it at least a few times as the one I have is not really a collectors piece just a shooter

8. james83

Howdy I saw your post over in my wanted thread-

Holy smoke that is spendy! I have a 1900 American Eagle not plannning to shoot it much

....yeah that was some seriously expensive ammo I bought but I wanted something to try out my old luger with
    im planning on keeping the brass so that I can start handloading for this caliber eventually. I don't plan on shooting my luger a whole lot either but it is a shooter not a collectors gun, the one I have is a DWM 1920's commercial luger

I bet that 1900 American eagle luger you have is a sweet looking pistol!