JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a French corrosive version/substitute for M2 ball, and there was some discussion on the CMP forums years ago about high pressures, so warning not to run it in M1 Garands. Prices for ammo are stupid right now, so I couldn't guess the value, but if it's boxer primed it'll be worth more than berdan primed stuff.

I have a belt of about 220 rounds of gevelot 30-06 49 ammo. Anyone know what I should ask for it?

Nothing?...I'm surprised there isn't more info on this stuff? Good or bad. Personally, what info there is would keep me from selling it, (OR shooting it myself) without full disclosure.

it's worth at least component value for the bullets and maybe powder (if it looks good). Components are not cheap now.

If it were mine, I'd pull the bullets, decrease the powder charge to a comfortable M1 level, and load them in new brass for some good, non-corrosive practice ammo.

I had a lot of this M2 ball from the 1990's when I purchased it from a company called Paragon in Shotgun News , in fact I recently shot what was the last of my supply. I did not have pressure issues but my God the hangfires were numerous out of 80 rounds I guestimate that 40 of it was a hangfire

I'd not be willing to sell it as good shooting ammo , my conscience would not permit it. Given the quality of the stuff I had if I had a bunch of it , it would be for the bullets and that is it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top