JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like theres been some cheap surplus Turkish 30-06 for sale on a few ammo sites recently. I'm pretty interested in getting a few boxes for my garand, but it looks like none of these sites have any reviews up for this ammo. Does anybody here have personal experience with it and know whether or not it's good to go? I.e, reliable and non-corrosive.

Several case head splits being reported on that CMP thread. Some of that ammo is approaching 60 years old.

-E-

Last Edited:
Does anybody here have personal experience with it and know whether or not it's good to go? I.e, reliable and non-corrosive.
No experience, but ad says it's corrosive:

Head case splits seen with production head stamp years 63, 64 and 65 so far. I've not seen or heard of any later 60s or any 70s produced ammo failures yet.
Ok. Are you going to roll the dice and hope that what gets delivered to your doorstep isn't 63, 64, or 65?

-E-

Ok. Are you going to roll the dice and hope that what gets delivered to your doorstep isn't 63, 64, or 65?

-E-
Well when I ordered it there were no reported head case failures at the time. It's a roll of the dice with all surplus, but seeing the failures I would not recommend ordering any of it now for the M1 Garand.

Guess I'll shoot the 60s years in my Mauser action which can take that type of failure.

Just an update with regard to the MKE, the reports are still 63-65 headstamp are having the issues. I've yet to see one with 67 or later that had a failure. If anyone has heard otherwise please update the thread.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top