JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have never lived in Washington, but remember that the car registration was like a luxury tax, based on the book value of the vehicle. With no income tax, they gotta get ya some way.

For years I lived in Oregon, went to Washington to prepare an airplane for the season's work in Alaska, then returned to Washington and put it to bed for the winter, and home to Oregon until the next spring.

Oregon: "We can't make it on an Income tax and a Property tax, we need a Sales tax!
Washington: "We can't make it on a Sales tax and a Property tax, we need an Income tax!"
Alaska: "How much is my Permanent Fund check going to be this year?" :rolleyes:

We have a double sales tax in Washington with point of sale and B&O. All dwarfed by property taxes BTW.

Move back to Washington from Oregon myself last year. Saved about $12K in tax doing it.

Yeppers! My local liquor store is at NE 73rd and Sandy. After the idiots in Washington privatized they said they got a 33% boost in sales.

My brother is a tobacco rep and used to work the liquor store in jantzen beach off I5 and they told him there sales rose something like 400% after WA passed the state liqour law, they would get a semi truck of liquor DAILY!

My brother is a tobacco rep and used to work the liquor store in jantzen beach off I5 and they told him there sales rose something like 400% after WA passed the state liqour law, they would get a semi truck of liquor DAILY!

I remember a news story saying that the owner had to order a second order at the beginning of the week and it was the first time he had ever had to order more then once per week - and that was just a couple days into the first week.

The few liquor store that were auctioned off in or around dowtown Vancouver ended up going under because of Jansen beach.

Blows me away that they want to privatize booze in Oregon. I can't believe that Oregonians would vote in favor after seeing how it went in WA. My local outlet is a great place. they're like a family and they have hundreds of different liquors. It's always the same employees/owner, for years! They really know their booze and can answer question. The owner tells me that IF they privatize here that it won't put them out of business.

We can agree to disagree. That said, not gonna take any personal jabs from some loud mouth trying to change my mind with rhetoric. Aka "whattya want". Just me.

If you think its bad now?!?! just wait till spring this year and ST-3 taxes kick in. average tab will be 250+ dollars. current tabs + fees + an aditional $25 fee + $100 dollars of the value of the car.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top