JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone remember that? It was a statement by the voters that said we the people want this. It passed!!! Now, what do you pay for tabs? :p
Are you talking about Washington or Oregon?
I remember when tags were $20.00 for 2 years in Oregon, back in the day.

And yeah, I'm older than most, but haven't quite achieved "dirt" status.

Jamie, i'm in wa. Thinking we're on the same page though. My gist was, we pass a law, take it for granted and then find out later that a bunch of politicians have turned it into a cash cow without us voters even knowing about it, and damned sure without our consent or vote.

[State Bureaucrat]"Don't you pissant proles realize you're too stupid to know what's best for you? Give us all your money, eat what we tell you, live how we tell you, DIE when we tell you... now shut up and get back into your place, peon, I'm overdue for a coffee break!"[/Bureaucrat]

WA now has it so you have to purchase a whole new license plate, not just tags every couple years...

I've not had to do that yet but I thought it was coming down the pipeline.

I remember 25 years ago my mom paying $649 for tags for 1 year on a new mini van, so I suppose it could be worse...

$145.00 for two years in Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland. Multco gives me the pleasure of paying the extra $35.00 X 3 every other year for a bridge I have used maybe 25 times in the 33 years I've lived in PDX. I do have one pre 1975 vehicle that saves me the the $21.00 DEScrew fee.

If I remember correctly, it was $30.00-$35.00 for two years in Oregon in 1983. that was real cool coming from Utah, where you paid yearly for tags and they were based on value of the car.

Jamie, i'm in wa. Thinking we're on the same page though. My gist was, we pass a law, take it for granted and then find out later that a bunch of politicians have turned it into a cash cow without us voters even knowing about it, and damned sure without our consent or vote.

Yeah we sure got slapped in the face on that one and it was because that our legislators took it offensively that we didn't think they were doing their job correctly or efficiently. Well push came to shove and all the self-respecting politicians (oxymoron inserted for sarcasm) in this liberal state, feeling butt hurt, they bribe the Washington state supreme court and get it overturned. SMH :oops::oops::oops::rolleyes:
Sounds easy enough, if we had a pile of money we could get I-594 repealed.....:eek::eek::eek:o_O
You see children, this is how life with oppression is, shut up & give them what THEY want or they will right at law that'll make you even more oppressed!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

WA now has it so you have to purchase a whole new license plate, not just tags every couple years...

I've not had to do that yet but I thought it was coming down the pipeline.

I remember 25 years ago my mom paying $649 for tags for 1 year on a new mini van, so I suppose it could be worse...

That's just it Joe everybody thinks it could be worse., that's b******* we need to stand up to these bureaucrats and put them in their places. We need to be the ones that are ruling not them, they've got it backwards and we're letting them do it it's her own fault we're getting screwed by not standing up to him.

That's just it Joe everybody thinks it could be worse., that's b******* we need to stand up to these bureaucrats and put them in their places. We need to be the ones that are ruling not them, they've got it backwards and we're letting them do it it's her own fault we're getting screwed by not standing up to him.

If I thought we had any chance in changing things like the liquor law or the No FTF transfers then I'd be on the bus, but as the protesters have recently shown - it gets you nowhere.

The only reason I think the liquor law passed was because Costco put up $13million to convince every dim wit sub 100IQ idiot in the state that if they voted the state out then "It would be cheaper".

I called that one BS the first day I heard about it and the liquor stores on the OR border are now millionaires because of it.

I called that one BS the first day I heard about it and the liquor stores on the OR border are now millionaires because of it.

Yeppers! My local liquor store is at NE 73rd and Sandy. After those lacking foresight in Washington privatized they said they got a 33% boost in sales.

Last Edited:
If I thought we had any chance in changing things like the liquor law or the No FTF transfers then I'd be on the bus, but as the protesters have recently shown - it gets you nowhere.

The only reason I think the liquor law passed was because Costco put up $13million to convince every dim wit sub 100IQ idiot in the state that if they voted the state out then "It would be cheaper".

I voted for it because I don't think any state government should be in charge of liquor sales, I don't care who initiated it I'm just glad to state was out of it.;)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top