JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
okay so I have my name on the Smith 28 6" and its a good gun at a good price but just doesn't fit what I am looking for. Today I went to a pawn shop I go to and they had a Ruger gp 100 2-3/4" 7 shot talo edition with the green fiber optic front sight and adjustable rear it just came in so they won't budge on the price, I tried, its 749.00 I can afford it barely but it fits what I want and it seems to fit better than what I remember the GPS in the past what do you guys think thanks
Price seems a little steep but i have noticed Rugers are selling at a premium about the same as S&W anymore. If you wait and look around you might save $50 but if it's exactly what you want i would jump on it and eat the $50 (hard to find a snub gp 100)

I found a Smith 686+ 3" pretty beat up for the same price and I would have had to change the front sight and it just didn't feel as good in my hand as the gp100 did so I am very happy

I Screenshot_20220519-055633_Chrome.jpg didnt get the used one from the pawn shop someone swooped in and grabbed it but I found a factory new one from Reeds on gunbroker for that same price I thought it was a good price from what I was finding everywhere else

I would go Colt, Smith Or Ruger,
I don't think 1 inch of barrel makes much difference, But if you plan on concealment, that little 3 inch King Cobra seems real nice,
I love a GP 100 but they are heavy. As for a Smith, I like a model 19 real well. Preferably pinned and recessed...tj

I would go Colt, Smith Or Ruger,
I don't think 1 inch of barrel makes much difference, But if you plan on concealment, that little 3 inch King Cobra seems real nice,
I love a GP 100 but they are heavy. As for a Smith, I like a model 19 real well. Preferably pinned and recessed...tj
100% agree the model 19 is truly the pinnacle of a carry 357. Nothing feels better in my hand, l love the gp100 and 686 and carry them both hunting or hiking but much prefer the 19 as a concealed or combat handgun

Model 28 smith&wesson, as sturdy and robust a wheel gun as you can find.
20211014_071301.jpg
That's mine, upper right.
For the right offer, I could be tempted to sell.
as far as 1 inch not making a difference, said no girlfriend or wife, ever.

I don't know about all them other brands I'm sure they are just dandy because I bought a 4" GP-100 close to 40 years ago and it has done everything I've asked of it with no problems ever. Now it lives on in semi retirement as my nightstand gun.

I am a fan of 'K' frame S & Ws however I do not shoot 'full house' ammo out of mine so if this something you will be doing stick with a an L or N frame Smith - or go with a GP 100 which is an excellent choice anyway.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top