JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
okay so I have my name on the Smith 28 6" and its a good gun at a good price but just doesn't fit what I am looking for. Today I went to a pawn shop I go to and they had a Ruger gp 100 2-3/4" 7 shot talo edition with the green fiber optic front sight and adjustable rear it just came in so they won't budge on the price, I tried, its 749.00 I can afford it barely but it fits what I want and it seems to fit better than what I remember the GPS in the past what do you guys think thanks
Price seems a little steep but i have noticed Rugers are selling at a premium about the same as S&W anymore. If you wait and look around you might save $50 but if it's exactly what you want i would jump on it and eat the $50 (hard to find a snub gp 100)

I found a Smith 686+ 3" pretty beat up for the same price and I would have had to change the front sight and it just didn't feel as good in my hand as the gp100 did so I am very happy

I Screenshot_20220519-055633_Chrome.jpg didnt get the used one from the pawn shop someone swooped in and grabbed it but I found a factory new one from Reeds on gunbroker for that same price I thought it was a good price from what I was finding everywhere else

I would go Colt, Smith Or Ruger,
I don't think 1 inch of barrel makes much difference, But if you plan on concealment, that little 3 inch King Cobra seems real nice,
I love a GP 100 but they are heavy. As for a Smith, I like a model 19 real well. Preferably pinned and recessed...tj

I would go Colt, Smith Or Ruger,
I don't think 1 inch of barrel makes much difference, But if you plan on concealment, that little 3 inch King Cobra seems real nice,
I love a GP 100 but they are heavy. As for a Smith, I like a model 19 real well. Preferably pinned and recessed...tj
100% agree the model 19 is truly the pinnacle of a carry 357. Nothing feels better in my hand, l love the gp100 and 686 and carry them both hunting or hiking but much prefer the 19 as a concealed or combat handgun

Model 28 smith&wesson, as sturdy and robust a wheel gun as you can find.
20211014_071301.jpg
That's mine, upper right.
For the right offer, I could be tempted to sell.
as far as 1 inch not making a difference, said no girlfriend or wife, ever.

I don't know about all them other brands I'm sure they are just dandy because I bought a 4" GP-100 close to 40 years ago and it has done everything I've asked of it with no problems ever. Now it lives on in semi retirement as my nightstand gun.

I am a fan of 'K' frame S & Ws however I do not shoot 'full house' ammo out of mine so if this something you will be doing stick with a an L or N frame Smith - or go with a GP 100 which is an excellent choice anyway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top