JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I feel like I can tell the difference in weight and smoothness of a cheap parts kit trigger vs a $60 dollar BCM trigger like this: BCM® PNT Trigger Assembly AR15

But I can't imagine how much better a geissle (sp?) trigger could be that'd be worth an extra $200. Maybe competitive shooting? I'm not sure I could tell a difference in that jump...

School me on why it's worth the extra coin.

Last Edited:
I've had 2 geissle triggers: the SSA and SD-C. Loved both and plan on getting another one as soon as bank account allows. To me its about consistency and predictability and Geissle delivers on that. To each his own i guess. Nothing wrong with mil-spec triggers if you train. To me they are crude and "creepy"

I've had 2 geissle triggers: the SSA and SD-C. Loved both and plan on getting another one as soon as bank account allows. To me its about consistency and predictability and Geissle delivers on that. To each his own i guess. Nothing wrong with mil-spec triggers if you train. To me they are crude and "creepy"

I'm more like Snoopy. Mash trigger, go bang! But I do love G. Loomis rods and catch lots of fish with them.

I'm in the "diminishing returns" camp. Most MilSpec triggers suck, no real secret there, but the benefits of a super-tuned trigger are lost on me... I ain't good enough to make it pay up.
I like the ALG Defense triggers in an AR, very clean and easy to maintain. I also took a chance on a CMMG drop-in flat trigger which I like and is a bit more precise than the cleaned-up Milspec ALG units.
Both examples are lower-end aftermarket that work well for what I do and don't cost more than their inherent worth.
Maybe not quite the Snoopy pole, but a long way from open water casting.

Ok, Ok! Ya got me there, I wasn't going to mention my Loomis IMX Platinum Pro, cause that rod puts the XMG to task! I think the Loomis has landed more fish then the Lami, but I still got a lot of years to "test" the qualities and report back to ya! :D

I vote this comment be pinned and snoopy pole forever be kept as known gun lingo.

There is a point of diminishing returns for everyone. Giving a 5 year old a G.Loomis rod instead of a Snoopy pole is an example. If someone is a Snoopy pole type of shooter, that's cool. No point throwing money at it for nothing.

So I feel like I can tell the difference in weight and smoothness of a cheap parts kit trigger vs a $60 dollar BCM trigger like this: BCM® PNT Trigger Assembly AR15

But I can't imagine how much better a geissle (sp?) trigger could be that'd be worth an extra $200. Maybe competitive shooting? I'm not sure I could tell a difference in that jump...

School me on why it's worth the extra coin.
I enjoy guns. I enjoy shooting nice triggers. The Geissele ssp is one of my favorites. I have never served in the military. I have hunted a few things over the years but am mostly a target shooter. But I don't like plain milspec. The Algs are very nice triggers but comparing the triggers, some just work better for some people.

I'll bite, take up, reset, break. If you've ever shot, or feel comfortable with, a gun that has a good trigger job done then you'd understand.......:s0033:

The really good thing about aftermarket gewgaws is they'll increase the resale value of the gun by 2x, pretty much like a fart can on a diesel pickup does.
pretty simple

I have a few budget triggers. Outside of the PSA EPT triggers, they all added a level of unreliability to an otherwise reliable rifle. The worse for me was the reduced power springs kit. The LaRue 2 stage has been pretty reliable but doesn't like rapid firing. But I do shoot more accurately with them.

CD,

I disagree, ah, in an excellent way of course...

How so you may ask?

By keeping aholt of the original crappy stock trigger and if/when you resell the firearm you keep the Geissele or other excellent trigger and reinstall original ka-ka trigger.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top