JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I over heard an old timer at Cabelas talking saying that CCI is putting out somewhere around 1 million rounds a month. Additionally, each time I go into Cabela's in Boise (usually every week), they almost always have AR's, so it is getting better, but still, WHAT THE F-ING F!?!? Rember the days we could go into Bi-Mart or GI Joe's and get as many bricks as we wanted?

CCI's factory in lewiston made about 4m rounds/day until they upgraded a few years ago, that number is probably closer to 10m/day now.

Bimart and walmart every other time I go. Although.. Walmart got in a huge shipment of 22 short.. Worthless shipment for guys looking for 22lr. But both of those stores depending on where you go seem to get some in every other shipment. The ammo Rationing has seemed to help with overall availability.

I am looking at an unopened box of CCI Velocitor .22LR I got on sale for $2.00 at Walmart probably 25-30 years ago. Regular price tag says $3.50. The times they are a-changin.'

Brutus Out
At the local Walmart in 12 tries since November I have not found any .22LR.

On my iPhone I have the Walmart application installed that shows ammo inventory levels. I've been first in line a few times now to the dismay of the regular scalpers. I've purchased more than 4,000 rounds of various 22LR this past month. All has gone to friends that have been looking but not finding. I haven't made a penny on the effort. They pay what I paid.

I was at the World's Foremost Outfitter today picking up some orders that I had shipped directly to the store. (600 rds of Herters Cheap .223) On the way to the pick up desk in the back, I cruise past the ammo shelves and they are basically empty like usual. They had some 44Mag stuff but that's it. So I head back to pick up my orders. I picked them up and and took them out to the car, then I remembered I forgot to look at something and headed back into the store. Just about the time I get to the ammo shelves (for the 2nd look) I notice the worker stocking the shelf from his little shopping cart.
I stopped and watched as he placed 3 bricks of 22LR (2 different kinds) on the shelf and then proceeded to stock about 4-5 boxes of 9mm, .40, .45. It was 11:30a and they only brought out 3-4 boxes of each caliber? Seriously? The shelves are so bare they could have held cases and yet they are bringing out 3 bricks?

I know they have to have more in the more in the back, no way they got a case of just 3 bricks of 22lr and rushed to stock the shelves with them.
With limit of 1 brick per customer and random stocking, I bet the shipment lasts all week.

While I was thrilled to be able to buy a brick, I was also annoyed with the tactics at the same time. Just put what you have out on the shelf, let people buy the limit of 1(one) and move on. Don't make it a big game.

I was at the World's Foremost Outfitter today picking up some orders that I had shipped directly to the store. (600 rds of Herters Cheap .223) On the way to the pick up desk in the back, I cruise past the ammo shelves and they are basically empty like usual. They had some 44Mag stuff but that's it. So I head back to pick up my orders. I picked them up and and took them out to the car, then I remembered I forgot to look at something and headed back into the store. Just about the time I get to the ammo shelves (for the 2nd look) I notice the worker stocking the shelf from his little shopping cart.
I stopped and watched as he placed 3 bricks of 22LR (2 different kinds) on the shelf and then proceeded to stock about 4-5 boxes of 9mm, .40, .45. It was 11:30a and they only brought out 3-4 boxes of each caliber? Seriously? The shelves are so bare they could have held cases and yet they are bringing out 3 bricks?

I know they have to have more in the more in the back, no way they got a case of just 3 bricks of 22lr and rushed to stock the shelves with them.
With limit of 1 brick per customer and random stocking, I bet the shipment lasts all week.

While I was thrilled to be able to buy a brick, I was also annoyed with the tactics at the same time. Just put what you have out on the shelf, let people buy the limit of 1(one) and move on. Don't make it a big game.

It may be that they are doing it to discourage people from bringing in their relatives, friends and employees to scalp ammo for them. If there's only 3 boxes, there wouldn't be a point to it.

Or, they're just being jerks...

elsie

Walmart on Turner Rd, Salem got the following in this morning 22 short, 22lr (10 boxes of remington 225), 9mm, 38. There were only approx 10 boxes of each received. It's filtering thru slowly 3 weeks ago they only got 6 boxes of 22lr. I bought 3 boxes @ $9.96 ea and I have been waiting since Feb/Mar. There were 6 people lined up this morning.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews