JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So here is the inside scoop that I have heard from 2 separate employees and 2 separate stores now. The reason they are telling people that the deliveries are "Monday - Friday" is because people have started to go so far as pulling over truck drivers and trying to buy the ammo from them, waiting at the docks for the drivers and so on and so on.
So, they felt it was best to no longer tell people when the trucks come in. Around here it has always been the same days and it continues to be. What I figure is they are going to shake up the delivery schedule once they tell everyone the loads are Monday - Friday to keep the crazies that are pulling these shenanigans away from the trucks.
It has been almost a month since either of the stores I have talked to have seen any .22 ammo and they have no idea when they will see it again.

What the @)(*# is wrong with these people...

I was able to pick up 1600 rounds of CCI MINI MAG for the embarrassing price of $120.00 at Sportsmans warehouse(vancouver). I figure its more expensive ammo then the good old CCI BLAZER but I will take what i can get. I now have just enough for Speed Steel for the summer with my wife and Daughter.

When I was growing up in the 50-60's we had maybe one box of ammo for each gun and a brick of .22. Never worried about stocking up because you could buy it in any hardware store, gas station or even in some places the local bar or tavern. Those days are long gone and even though I don't really want to have as much ammo stockpiled as I do, the reality is that it is the new normal if I want to have anything to shoot. I stocked up before the election and am glad I did. Probably have enough to last me until they put me six feet under.

I asked my local newberg bimart when.shipment day was, and they told me they can't tell me. Anyone have the inside scoop?

That's my local as well, and about a month ago I asked when the days were. I was told Mon and Wed, which was accurate, but who knows if they are shaking it up now. I was in Cabela's in Boise Wednesday and Yesterday. Wednesday was bare, I rolled in yesterday mid-morning and they had probably 300 boxes of .22lr CCI minimag $8.99/100 round and PMC and Herters (brass and steel) .223 $9.99/20 rounds. Limit of 100 .22lr and 100 .223 per costomer (I just went in 4 different times then realized what the hell I was doing by wasting my time getting .22lr). Additionally, there was 9mm, .40, and plenty of 12 gauge 00 and shot. A few weeks before I got lucky at Sportsmans out there and happend to show up right after the truck had shown up and picked up 3 100 round Winchester .22lr for around $9/box. That was kept behind the counter at customer service along with all of the popular rounds. I called on Wednesday (which is when they usually get their trucks in) and asked if they had .22lr, and the girl told me that they had, but were waiting to put it out until Thursday morning. She told me that if I wanted some, I should show up about 8 (opens at 9), and wait in line. That made me laugh....

I over heard an old timer at Cabelas talking saying that CCI is putting out somewhere around 1 million rounds a month. Additionally, each time I go into Cabela's in Boise (usually every week), they almost always have AR's, so it is getting better, but still, WHAT THE F-ING F!?!? Rember the days we could go into Bi-Mart or GI Joe's and get as many bricks as we wanted?

I am seeing more ammo available but the only place I saw 22LR was at a gun shop who had put full mark up on it. He was buying from his customers at a mark up over regular and passing it along.

I still have plenty to shoot but I'm afraid to fire it off if I can't replace it. Who could sell a 22 firearm in this climate?

My ignore list is getting pretty big just from clicking on 22 ads. It's nice to know I'll never have to deal with people who took advantage of us ever again though. Sucks for them too! I usually put up pretty good deals.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ran into a guy in Roseburg having a yard sale today, said he had been selling 22lr all day at $125 a brick. Claimed to have made over $5000 selling ammo from his stash. To be fair to him, he was only charging $90 a brick for the Peters junk.

Ran into a guy in Roseburg having a yard sale today, said he had been selling 22lr all day at $125 a brick. Claimed to have made over $5000 selling ammo from his stash. To be fair to him, he was only charging $90 a brick for the Peters junk.

At that price, I'd sell some of my 22LR. I wouldn't have the nerve to ask that price.

.22 LR Bricks at Sports Authority in Auburn Supermall
Just thought I would pass it along. I cant remember if they said $26.99 or $29.99 but its one brick of Winchester Xpert 36 Grain HP. Not bad at all. I really wanted 2-3 , but I understand the reasoning.....

Have a nice weekend,

Will

Cabela's online gets .22 WMR, or long rifle in and they let me buy one box each day. So far I got two boxes of .22 WMR before they ran out and one box of .22 LR. May have enough to shoot in a year or so.

Just stopped in at my local (Oregon City) Bi Mart, and they had a shelf full of .22LR American Eagle! $1.95 per box! Maybe things are looking up?:s0155:

WAYNO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads