JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone seen any 22LR in town anywhere (Portland metro)? All the usual places I have tried have been out. I know 223 and 9mm have been out of sight for a while, but I am somewhat surprised about the 22LR since I don't think anyone is planning to ban it (yet).

I doubt it has to do with any perceived ban.

Probably just more popular now for "Prepper's Stashes" and due to the lack of regular ammo (or outrageous prices) a lot more .22's are being shot for fun and relaxation instead of the larger calibers.

Sure glad I still own an old 30-06. Every time I visit Cabela's, that's about the only caliber that has shelves full of ammo. There's nothing like having an old 1903 A3 in the safe.

I agree with Deadshot2. It doesn't seem likely that there will be a ban on .22 LR ammunition. If so, we're at the very end of freedom for awhile.
It seems more likely that at a reasonable per shot price, lots and lots of people picked up more than they needed at the beginning of the insanity, and any perceived shortage just spread (or spontaneously occurred) everywhere.

.22 LR is out of stock on most of the popular online haunts also. Kind of crazy. Had an SG operator tell me that not only was it out of stock, but they didn't expect to receive stock for months. Made me wonder if the suppliers are trying to sell it closer to the consumer, cutting out one level of middleman or discounter, knowing that it is going to be snatched up quickly.

On our good shooting days, we can go through $500 in ammo pretty easily, and switching to .22 gets it down to $100 to $150 or so. But we usually prefer to feel the big guns, and we do reload. I hope the insanity is cured before our brass starts wearing out. :drink:

I'm really wanting some .22lr. As you said, everyone is sold out or back ordered till may. As an extreme rookie to the firearm world, it's very unappealing to me when the only thing I can affored to shoot regularly is something I can not find, anywhere. I can only hope to find 3, 555ct boxes that I can buy right away. Haha.

I think people are just stupid. Making 22lr so in demand. The thing is people are scared they won't be able to get them so they are buying them up like mad. I saw bricks of 500 going from $50.00 to $65.00, at a gun show here this last weekend.

I asked my local newberg bimart when.shipment day was, and they told me they can't tell me. Anyone have the inside scoop?

People Have started acting like animals when it comes to ammo. From people sitting in campchairs out front before stores open, doing a black friday type stampede when the doors are opened, actually fighting at the ammo counter, FFLs buying up everything they can to re-sell, and people harassing clerks and delivery truck drivers, Bi mart is feeling a little freaked out. So they are changing the way they are handling ammo sales a bit.

I really hope people start acting right soon. I would hate to see Bimart suspend ammo sales over a few ill-mannered bubblegums.

I doubt it has to do with any perceived ban.

Probably just more popular now for "Prepper's Stashes" and due to the lack of regular ammo (or outrageous prices) a lot more .22's are being shot for fun and relaxation instead of the larger calibers.

Sure glad I still own an old 30-06. Every time I visit Cabela's, that's about the only caliber that has shelves full of ammo. There's nothing like having an old 1903 A3 in the safe.

Allot of folks are using the CMMG .22LR conversion in their .223/5.56 Black Rifles to make practice cheaper. Until regular supply of NATO rounds gets close to normal, expect .22LR hard to find.

I spoke with my local bi-mart about when they get ammo supplies. Said they used to get shipments Monday night or early Tuesday mornings (before opening) and stocked shelves right away. Now he never knows when it will come in, what it will be or how much. Went a couple of months with just a few boxes of 22lr here and there then all of a sudden 112 boxes showed up. Sold out in 45 min (even with a 2 box per person limit).

I spoke with my local bi-mart about when they get ammo supplies. Said they used to get shipments Monday night or early Tuesday mornings (before opening) and stocked shelves right away. Now he never knows when it will come in, what it will be or how much. Went a couple of months with just a few boxes of 22lr here and there then all of a sudden 112 boxes showed up. Sold out in 45 min (even with a 2 box per person limit).

Stories like that make me want to just pack it in and quit. Hope things return to 'normal' but I'm losing hope more and more by the day.

People just continue to pay ridiculous prices for ammo, so people continue to hoard it all up for the purpose of resale. If these nitwits with more money than brains would just quit paying the prices, maybe the rest of us could enjoy some ammo when the scalpers realize the margins aren't worth their efforts.

So here is the inside scoop that I have heard from 2 separate employees and 2 separate stores now. The reason they are telling people that the deliveries are "Monday - Friday" is because people have started to go so far as pulling over truck drivers and trying to buy the ammo from them, waiting at the docks for the drivers and so on and so on.
So, they felt it was best to no longer tell people when the trucks come in. Around here it has always been the same days and it continues to be. What I figure is they are going to shake up the delivery schedule once they tell everyone the loads are Monday - Friday to keep the crazies that are pulling these shenanigans away from the trucks.
It has been almost a month since either of the stores I have talked to have seen any .22 ammo and they have no idea when they will see it again.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top