Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.22lr ammo!!!

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by treemanx, Jun 3, 2009.

1. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Is .22lr ammo really that hard to find now? I bought a couple of bricks for $15.00, before the "shortage" and havnt needed to shop for it for a while. Sound off here and let me know your .22lr woes, or if someone already started this thread somewhere else please post link. Thanks--tree

2. leftym4

leftym4 Milwaukie New Member

Shipments are coming in regularly although there are still hoarders and scalpers buying it up but i feel soon the hoarders will have enough and supply will catch up i think the good ole days of getting a brick of the cheap stuff is long behind us as manufactures know they can charge more

plus you got to figure with the higher prices of ammo has caused a staggering demand for cheaper (or once cheaper) ammo like .22 not to mention the increase in gun ownership since the election.

kind of like how there uses to be concert ticket scalpers selling good seat for 10x the ticket price and eventully the promoters figured out they could charge more for better seats

3. bikemaniac1

bikemaniac1 Portland Oregon Member

I have heard about a couple of places getting some in yesterday. I know that for about two months before Memorial Day the only thing I found was one 400 round American Eagle box. Going on a shooting trip with only 700 rounds of 22lr is abnormal for us. Fortunately we left the semi autos at home so it kept the 22lr around longer then normal.

4. leftym4

leftym4 Milwaukie New Member

In some respects the shortage has made us better shooters no more blasting. Now making the shots count more.

5. bikemaniac1

bikemaniac1 Portland Oregon Member

I wouldn't say there wasn't blasting. It just happened to be from my .357 for which I could actually find ammo for. It's funny how it works that when you shoot a bolt gun and a little bit from a pistol the 22lr lasts longer then when flying through it with the 1022s.

6. Angler

Angler North Bend, OR Active Member

The walmart here and in Sprfl always had some when I went in. It was all solids though. $14.95 a "brick" of 325

7. Muddman

Muddman Aloha Member

Fishermans at Delta Park had American Eagle 400/brick $19.90 this AM

8. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

There's .22 Golden Bullets and Thunderbolts at the Sandy Bimart....or there were at noon.

9. Angler

Angler North Bend, OR Active Member

Yep that's my problem! 1000 rounds a day for the last three weekends! There are just too many targets out in those alfalfa fields!

10. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

Wow... up until today I had less than 500 rounds to play with.... that has been fixed today :-D

11. MWS

MWS Oregon City,OR Member

WOW...I'd sell one of my Remington 525 Golden packs for $20 maybe 2

12. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

I'm down to about 25,000 rounds of .22.

13. m'kay13

m'kay13 Boardman, OR Member

I'm down to about 5,000 rounds.

14. blacktail hunter

blacktail hunter southern oregon Member

I just bought 1000 rounds at walmart in roseburg for 12.97 a brick