JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
*Consumers beware*

I bought a brick of this ammo at the aloha bimart location on saturday(12/8) and was experiencing squib loads. I fired 200rds of this crap and I would say about a 3rd(maybe even more) of them were squibs.

3DEA7A55-E200-40F8-9CF5-C6CE3DE162A7.jpeg 98F6E9DC-2C18-4035-9F55-82949C146351.jpeg

That sucks big time.

Thankfully I believe Federal will be more than happy to make it right.

Reach out to them with the lot number and pictures.

Where's the lot# located?

Yeah it was frustrating, most of the rounds went through. After 4 boxes I said screw it im done.

Sorry you had trouble with the ammo. It ruins a range trip, but glad you weren't injured.

I would check the flaps of the boxes for the lot number. While I'm not familiar with that particular ammo variety, I usually see rimfire lot info printed on the flaps.

I had a bad brick of Winchester .22lr ammo a few years ago, really bad with misfires and jams in a couple different guns. I called Winchester and they sent a call tag to send it back. All I had to do was put it in a box, put the label on, and give it to the UPS driver that showed up at the door. They eventually sent me a full replacement brick that shot fine.

I agree with @Reno911 Federal should make it right. Now I'm a little nervous with these black pack boxes I purchased over the last couple weeks :eek:

My son and I have shot several hundred rounds from two different boxes of the "Black Pack" ammo. So far it has been excellent, no misfires or jams, and very good accuracy. Just yesterday I shot a 10 round group through the 10/22 at 100 yards. Most were inside a 1.5" group, with a couple fliers taking it to just under 2". I figure that's not bad at all for cheap ammo. We were shooting some Thunderbolt ammo too. It was also surefire but accuracy was nowhere near as good.

651570B7-B4C3-4BD4-8DE7-00B1345A1784.jpeg Just got off the phone with federal and all they said is to write Ormd on the box and fedex will pick it up and they'll cut me a check for the brick.

Btw this is the lot #

Wholy CRAP! I finally broke down and gave into the urge to buy some of the good priced .22 at Bimart. Wouldn't you know it. It was a 400 box of the american Eagle.:( I wasn't going to do the Thunder Bolt because of what I've heard about that. And there were several other good priced .22. Hell, I don't even shoot .22. I only bought it because I DO have .22s, I just don't shoot them....hardly at all.

Did you get the 400/jacketed HPs or the 500 lead RN?

So since the OP has been taken care of via Federal.

I'll gladly take anyone's ammo they are too worried to fire!

:p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads