Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.22 Shootin'

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by M.Link, Aug 23, 2010.

1. M.Link

M.Link Guest

Well, I'll be shooting my .22s a lot more now. I was going shooting this weekend and went to grab a box of .45, .300 winmag, 12ga, and .357 mag. I ended up with .22 and 12ga. It was just way to expensive to go buy a $27 box of .45 shells just to shoot up. A friend had a GSG and I had just as much fun rapid firing it than I would an AK or AR. I like the $1.99 per 50 price of .22 and $4.99 per 25 price of 12ga.

2. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

In this economy where my income has dropped,my .22's are getting lots of range time.
    cheap,fun to shoot,and thankfully ammo is back in stock.even 22 ammo was scarce for a while there.
    even though I reload my center fires,the .22's are getting plenty of use.

3. shoggoth80

shoggoth80 Greater Seattle Area Member

Like others, I reload my larger caliber of choice.
    I *just* picked up a little .22 pocket popper for cheap, fun plinking, and to serve as my absolute last ditch firearm effort (if my 1911 doesn't work, I am probably in a lot of trouble). Mostly for fun though. Can't whine about the cost of ammo!

4. owdee tt nl

owdee tt nl Edmonds or Renton Member

I picked up a GSG5 about 3 months ago and when it is working properly it is fantastic to shoot.

5. M.Link

M.Link Guest

Yea, the GSG did jam a lot, and bend bullets out of cases...I think I got through one full mag without anybproblems, and then the rest were no good.

6. slyguy

slyguy Eugene Member

My conversions for the Sig and Kimber make it a lot more fun for the kids and my wallet!

7. g.i. joe

g.i. joe Portland Active Member

Im with Slyguy, Conversion unit on my AR and Glock and I can still train properly and inexpensively. Plus, My B.O.B will have the conversion units on board. So, in a pinch, I have multi-calaber firearms that share common ammo.

8. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

A few months ago I was at Walmart with a friend and they had 9mm (50 rnd pack) for like $10 and .40 (50 rnd pack) for $12 and CCI .22 for $6 (100 per pack). We should have got more ammo but we thought we could get that deal again when we went shooting last week and boy were we wrong. I have my Rugar 10/22 and at this point in time, I will go through one box of ammo on my Glock .40 and one box on my Sig 9mm. I am also gonna cut way down on shooting my AK-74. I will make every shot count and I will now be forced to focus more on my 12 ga. Mossberg and 10/22. It's a shame but it is what it is I guess. Next time I see a deal like that at Walmart or anywhere else, I am gonna stock up.... I should have known better to assume that deals would stick around :(.

9. Gaust

Gaust Portland Member

I was in Bi-Mart Tuesday and checked on ammo there. They had .380, 9mm, .40 and .45 in stock and $2.00 off a box! Needless to say I picked up 4 boxes of .45 @ 17.99 each. The week before they had .22 ammo on sale. Most of the time I check the shelves have been pretty bare, but the last few weeks I've seen more places with ammo in stock. I hope it stays that way.

10. kenno

kenno eastern WA Active Member

I purchased a 22 conversion unit for my Gluk and built my 10-22 into a Tactical Trainer then I built a rimfire training range,, loads of fun!

11. Misternt

Misternt Salem Area Active Member

I mainly shoot 22 and do enjoy how cheap it is. However it's pretty tough to shoot it past 100 yards. Also when shooting at plate racks it can take a few hits where as a higher power round will slam the plate down.

12. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Buy a Jennings .22 and you can practive clearing stovepipes all day for less than $5 :) .

Keith